Genetic Counsellor (Australia) - Part-time 0.5 FTE
- Sydney, Australia
Location: Sydney area preferred, other areas on the Australian East Coast will be considered
Start date: ASAP
Two part-time (0.5FTE) positions available
Invitae is a rapidly growing medical genetics company whose mission is to bring comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve the quality of healthcare for billions of people.
We are a multidisciplinary company executing a novel business model in a highly technical, highly regulated, and overly complex industry against a backdrop of rapid and disruptive technological advancement. Patients are at the center of everything we do, while we continually seek to improve and grow in efficiency and strive to produce consistent and reliable results.
At Invitae, we’re building an organization that can continuously innovate at scale. Equally importantly, we’re building a company where we love to work. As a team, we pride ourselves in having a diverse group of individuals who collaborate and work well together so that we can learn and grow from one another. We rely on each other to work with a sense of urgency and with a goal of putting the team above the individual.
About the role(s)
To pursue our shared mission and help Invitae grow, we are looking for experienced genetic counsellors certified by the Human Genetics Society of Australasia.
You will be joining our APAC-based Genetic Counselling Services team, providing remote genetic counselling services to patients throughout Australia. You will report directly to the APAC Regional Service Team Lead. Patient care experience is a requirement. We appreciate a wide diversity of clinical expertise, however preference will be given to candidates with experience in counselling neurological disorders and oncology, additional experience in reproductive health (prenatal and preconception) and cardiology will also be beneficial.
What you will do
- Provide post-test genetic counselling (by telephone/zoom) to patients in relation to their Invitae test results
- Communicate with both external and internal stakeholders to ensure an optimal provision of patient care in line with Australian guidelines
- Create innovative, scalable models of delivering genetic counselling services
- Assist with development of the Invitae Genetic Counselling Services program within Australia
- Participate in broader Invitae educational and scientific efforts, development of patient resources and mainstreaming efforts
Who you are
- A genetic counsellor with a Master’s degree in Genetic Counselling and certified with HGSA (MHGSA/FHGSA)
- Reside in the greater Sydney or Melbourne areas in Australia (other locations in Australia will be considered)
- Passionate about providing quality patient-care
- Interested in gaining an international perspective and establishing new scalable models of delivering patient care
- Comfortable in a dynamic environment with rapidly evolving needs and progressive workflows
- Strong time management skills
- Can function independently to coordinate patient care
- A creative problem solver that thrives in a flexible, team-oriented environment
- A team player who supports colleagues to succeed in delivering on Invitae’s mission
- Strong, effective and direct communicator
What you will need
- Minimum of 2 years of direct patient care experience.
- A diversity of clinical experience is desired, with particular emphasis on the fields of neurology/neurodegenerative genetics or oncology with additional cardiovascular and reproductive health experience considered a plus!
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Get to know us!
Do you want to know more about us and how we are changing the genetics industry?
- Visit our website Invitae.com
- Check out Invitae’s YouTube Channel
- Follow us on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram
/!\ Staffing and Recruiting Agencies /!\
Contact from Staffing and Recruitment Agencies are not appreciated and will be automatically disregarded. Our vacancies are only intended for individuals. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency will be considered unsolicited. We do not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies other than preferred suppliers.
Back to top