Cytogenetic Technologist (FISH)
- Irvine, CA
SCHEDULE: Sunday-Thursday, 10:00-6:30pm PS
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making clinical-grade genetic information affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all stages of life. Our team is expanding rapidly and we’re looking for people who are passionate about harnessing the power of technology to push our capabilities forward in the quest to deliver genetic information at scale. We are looking for a multi-talented, detail oriented Cytogenetic Technologist to join our Irvine laboratory who can, with minimum supervision, perform Fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) sample processing and microscopic analysis.
What you'll do:
- Perform culturing, harvesting and slide prep and wash, microscopy, imaging, analysis and interpretation of all acceptable FISH specimen types.
- Perform reagent/probe prep and QC.
- Enter results with proper ISCN and review final report data on the computerized laboratory information system
What you bring:
- 2+ years laboratory testing experience in a diagnostics production laboratory performing cytogenetics sample processing and analysis
- Familiarity with computerized image analysis platforms including ASI (Applied Spectral Imaging)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills needed for interaction with all members of the laboratory team
- Shift is from Sunday-Thursday, 10:00-6:30pm PST
- Language(s) English
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline or medical technology
- California State license as a Clinical Cytogenetics Scientist (CCS)
- Certification as CG (ASCP)
By joining Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the
forefront of genetic medicine. We’ve created a culture that empowers our teams and our teammates
to have the biggest impact and to explore their interests and capabilities. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility, along with excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees
and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age,
marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified
applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco
Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top