Construction Project Manager
- San Francisco, CA
Invitae is the fastest growing genetic information company. Our mission is to bring comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medical practice to improve the quality of healthcare for billions of people. We're constantly improving our tools and technologies to deliver the highest quality actionable information for patient health.
- Reporting directly to the Real Estate, Facilities, EH&S, Security and Corporate Services Department Leader
- Management and delivery of commercial building construction projects from planning & development through ground-breaking and project completion.
- Work with Real Estate Team for site selections
- Commence and complete all projects assigned
- Develop and maintain working relationships with Clients, Consultants and other agencies of the project team
- Prepare preliminary Engineering Cost Estimates for each project
- Create scope of work assignments for each subcontractor & vendor; must be knowledgeable in all trades
- Maintain contracts with vendors and suppliers
- Manage, supervise and be responsible for all project costs and participate in project accounting updates, approvals and processes, interface monthly with internal finance team
- Manage all support project team members
- Create and maintain project schedules
- Maintain project communication hierarchy and protocol between project teams
- Review projects in field
- Quality Control a must
- Schedule and attend all job meetings
- Create and participate in Project closeout procedures
- Ability to travel to projects domestic and International as needed
- Team oriented driven by corporate strategies
- AutoCAD expertise, ability to draw/read detailed construction drawings
- Minimum 10 years previous experience in general commercial (BUILDING) construction project management along with a solid, stable employment history
- Exemplary leadership and planning skills
- Supreme project management skills including ability to schedule, estimate and write contracts directly related to the commercial building process
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Formidable negotiation techniques
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in managing all aspects of the general commercial building process
Note: A clean DMV record, proof of vehicle insurance, background check and pre-employment drug test may also be required.
If you are an enthusiastic property management professional, enjoy a team-oriented environment, this may be the position for you!
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top