- Flexible / Remote
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
We are looking for people with a variety of experience levels and roles with IT backgrounds and experience in the technical implementation of HIPAA, SOX, or ISO controls to join the Compliance Operations team, within our Computing Group. This is an opportunity to expand and grow into the Security and Data Privacy realms, and take a lead role in providing customers with confidence in Invitae’s leadership in the clinical genetic testing space. You will support compliance initiatives by engaging various process owners in the design, documentation, implementation, and monitoring of the appropriate IT controls in our computing environments – including our College of American Pathologists accredited clinical laboratory – and demonstrating those controls to external auditors. You will play a key role in ensuring that Invitae meets the requirements from a variety of regulations and compliance standards, such as HIPAA, SOX, FedRAMP, GDPR, and HITRUST.
The Computing Group is a unified organization comprised of various teams that collaborate to deliver technologies in a compliant, secure way. Moreover, their mission is to strengthen Invitae’s position as a leading clinical genetic testing solution, through a security-first approach to compliance. The Compliance Operations team is a new team that is responsible for the assessment, verification, review, and implementation of general computer controls across the enterprise. It will also take a lead role in the adoption of new compliance and security frameworks.
The ideal candidate has a unique set of skills including project management, collegial engagement across teams, the ability to communicate with both internal and external auditors, and an eye towards future standards and regulations that will impact our customers. If you’re a self-starter who wants to make a difference, we want you on board.
What you'll do:
- Conduct audits of IT risks and controls associated with both on premise and cloud infrastructure and processes related to SOX, HIPAA, NIST, and ISO, among others
- Perform IT controls testing and develop recommendations based on confirmed observations
- Work with process and control owners to help them understand the audit results, identify remediation options and prioritize their closure
- Work with the Security Team in identifying security gaps as reported by internal and external customers
- Assist management in the development of the appropriate documentation, including, for example, system security plans, information security policies, and risk assessment procedures
- Create and report compliance metrics
- Assist in assessing the security impact of changes to the systems and applications
- Perform other IT security and compliance related tasks as assigned by management
What you bring:
- Strong experience in Information Security, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or a related field. In-depth knowledge in IT security frameworks and best practices, such as NIST-800 publications, CoBIT, CCM, and Trust Principles and Criteria
- Experience in IT regulation and compliance standards such as HIPAA, SOX, and HITRUST CSF
- Experience with the technical implementation of SOX and HIPAA controls in a hybrid environment, including a clinical laboratory, using tools such as Salesforce, Okta, ZenGRC, JIRA, and others
- Working knowledge of terms and concepts used in information security, privacy, risk assessments and contingency planning
- Understanding of IT methodologies, such as software development lifecycle and operations
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills
- Ability to work independently or with a team
By joining Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. We’ve created a culture that empowers our teams and our teammates to have the biggest impact and to explore their interests and capabilities. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility, along with excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top