Clinical Laboratory Scientist - Molecular
- Irvine, CA
SCHEDULE: Tue-Sat, 10:00-6:30pm PS
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making clinical-grade genetic information affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
Our team is expanding rapidly and we’re looking for people who are passionate about harnessing the power of technology to push our capabilities forward in the quest to deliver genetic information at scale. We are looking for a multi-talented, detail oriented CLS to join our Irvine laboratory who can, with minimum supervision, perform molecular-based techniques including but not limited to gDNA extraction, constitutional aCGH sample processing and Maternal Cell Contamination testing.
What you'll do:
- DNA extraction and normalization from various sample types.
- Perform microarray, MCC testing and data analysis.
- Perform reagent preparation and QC.
- Perform instrument maintenance.
What you bring:
- 2+ years laboratory testing experience in a diagnostics production laboratory performing microarray sample processing and analysis
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills needed for interaction with all members of the laboratory team
- Shift is from Tue-Sat, 10.00-6.30 PST
- Language(s) English
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline or medical technology
- California State license as a Clinical Genetics Molecular Biologist Scientist (CGMBS) or Clinical Laboratory Scientist (Generalist)
- Certification with the American Society of Clinical Pathology Molecular Biologist (ASCP)MB
By joining Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. We’ve created a culture that empowers our teams and our teammates to have the biggest impact and to explore their interests and capabilities. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility, along with excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top