Clinical Laboratory Director - Cytogenomics
- Irvine, CA
Clinical Laboratory Director, Cytogenomics - Remote or onsite
Invitae is seeking a full-time board-certified Clinical Laboratory Director to join a clinical laboratory team that is motivated by the patient on the other end of every sample tested.
Invitae is reinventing genetic testing by making it more affordable and accessible than ever before. Invitae invites applications from individuals with a background in human genetics and genomics to join a growing team responsible for curating, analyzing, interpreting, and reporting clinical genetic data. This is a unique opportunity to work closely with an experienced team of board-certified laboratory directors and genetic counselors, genomics scientists, bioinformaticians, and other professionals who aim to bring comprehensive diagnostic and preventive genetic testing to the world. Invitae’s clinical genomics team is passionate about the company’s mission, encouraging creative thinkers to come up with new ways to provide important information to patients and clinicians and streamline clinical reporting.
We seek a highly motivated individual who can utilize their superior clinical and technical skills to work in the clinical Laboratory Director’s team at Invitae. We are looking for energetic individuals who demonstrate effort and initiative; team players who are willing to accept personal accountability for successful job performance and who have a willingness to learn new skills, as well as continually improve their existing skill set.
What you will do:
The Clinical Laboratory Director performs a variety of functions as a part of the Clinical Operations Team.
- Work collaboratively with an exceptional team of scientists, genetic counselors, clinical laboratory directors and bioinformaticians to analyze and report on clinical molecular data.
- Review and sign out a variety of cytogenetic report types including clinical microarray analysis, FISH, PGT-A, karyotypes and others.
- Provide consultations on results for referring physicians and genetic counselors.
- Provide clinical and technical expertise in support of new initiatives relevant to clinical testing.
- Support internal and external company initiatives.
- Seek and support new and innovative ways to provide best in class service to Invitae clients.
- Offer insight and material contributions to operational improvements to cytogenetic reporting workflows
Who you are:
- Qualified as a Director for high complexity testing under CAP.
- M.D. or Ph.D. in a biological science with ABMGG in Clinical Cytogenetics required. Dual certification in Clinical Cytogenetics and Clinical Molecular Genetics is preferred
- Eligibility for California Clinical Cytogeneticist Scientist or California Director license in Clinical Cytogenetics required
- Experience with bioinformatics (specifically in copy number variant interpretation) and next-generation sequencing desirable.
- A strong collaborative spirit and a willingness to learn.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Superior oral and written communication skills and a team-first mentality
- Ability to contribute and leverage your expertise across a wide variety of project types.
By joining Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. We’ve created a culture that empowers our teams and our teammates to have the biggest impact and to explore their interests and capabilities. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility, along with excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top