Clinical Lab Scientist III (FISH)
- Irvine, CA
Under general supervision of the director of operations, we are looking for a Clinical Lab Scientist III to perform all aspects of genetic testing such as Microarray, Cytogenetic Analysis, FISH, DNA extraction, data analysis, and report preparation. Ensures proper laboratory record maintenance is in effect, makes sure cases are processed in a timely fashion, and contributes to general laboratory maintenance.
- Expertise is all aspects of cytogenetics and FISH (fluorescent in situ hybridization) including:
culturing, harvesting, slide prep and staining, microscopy, karyotyping and analysis and interpretation
- Knowledge of regulatory standards.
- Skill in exercising initiative, judgment, problem solving, and decision making. Ability to independently
solve problems with minimal supervision.
- Skill in analysis, development or reports and interpretation of complex data.
- Strong work ethic, high energy level, and ability to work as part of a team.
- Bachelor's degree in Physical, Life or Biological science
- Six to Eight years of performing cytogenetic and/or FISH testing
- Must possess a current CLS license
- Ability to work a full-time schedule: Tues-Sat
- Current California Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) Specialist in Cytogenetics
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top