Clinical Genomics Analyst
- San Francisco, CA
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine in order to improve healthcare for billions of people. The Clinical Informatics team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry by making clinical-grade genetic information affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
We are further building our team with junior members who will be working directly with production data on a daily basis. The team as a whole is responsible for the evaluation of the truth of clinically reportable variants and is often required to investigate unique genetic or genomic signals identified in production data. All of the team’s work directly impacts patient results, making problem-solving both motivating and rewarding.
What you will do:
- Work collaboratively with other teams such as bioinformatics, clinical genetics, laboratory scientists, laboratory directors, and research scientists
- Troubleshooting quality control anomalies generated by automated pipelines
- Visualizing and assessing specific genetic variants and analyzing NGS data
- Analyzing results from assays
What you will bring:
- Experience with NGS data analysis in either academic or industry environment
- Familiarity with common NGS alignment, variant calling, and visualization tools
- Strong knowledge of genetics
- Bonus: Familiarity and/or hands-on experience with NGS wet lab protocols, preferably in a production setting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Preferred: able to work on-site at San Francisco location, but open to remote candidates
- Position requires availability either normal business hours M-F (with occasional weekend duties) or a shifted schedule of Su-Th or Tu-Sa.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top