Clinical Genomic Scientist Hereditary Cancer and Immunology
- Flexible / Remote
Office location – Remote (United States) or any of our U.S. office locations
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making clinical-grade genetic information affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
Our team is expanding rapidly and we’re looking for people who are passionate about helping improve healthcare to join us.
Invitae is inviting applications from individuals with a background in human genetics and genomics to join a growing team responsible for curating, analyzing, interpreting, and reporting clinical genetic data derived from a variety of core technologies such as NGS panels, NGS exome sequencing, and chromosomal microarray among others. This position requires a willingness to learn, and a dedication to patient health. This is a unique opportunity to work closely with an experienced team of California-licensed laboratory directors, board-certified medical geneticists and genetic counselors, genomics scientists, bioinformaticians, and other professionals who aim to bring comprehensive diagnostic and preventive genetic testing to the world.
What you will do:
- Up to 75% of your time will be spent performing variant interpretation (aka variant curation) using our validated in-house genetic evidence systems (Sherloc), and using these interpretations to generate clear and concise clinical reports.
- Critically analyze and interpret clinical and genetic information, including published literature, public and private databases, functional studies and modeling, as well as patient clinical records.
- Opportunity to work on projects to develop, curate, and refine genetic content for a broad range of genetic disorders to support our operations and clinical offerings.
- Achieve and maintain technical and clinical competency through initial and ongoing training in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Receive and provide case-related and performance-related feedback in a direct and supportive setting.
Who you are:
- Ph.D. or M.Sc. (or M.D./D.O.) in genetics, genetic counseling, or a related field but will consider strong candidates with undergraduate degrees.
- Experience or strong interest in hereditary cancer, proactive testing, and inherited immunological disorders
- Demonstrated ability to understand, synthesize, and coherently evaluate complex genetic information.
- Previous experience in variant interpretation (variant curation) is preferred, but not required.
- Experience in a CLIA diagnostic laboratory, familiarity with next-generation sequencing, and/or knowledge of advanced methods of copy number detection is preferred, but not required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Where you are:
- At this time only candidates who are located in, or eligible to work and relocate to, the United States are being considered
By joining Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. We’ve created a culture that empowers our teams and our teammates to have the biggest impact and to explore their interests and capabilities. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility, along with excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top