Business Development Marketing Lead
- Flexible / Remote
Invitae is a rapidly growing genetic testing company driven by the mission to expand access to high-quality, comprehensive, low-cost genetic testing in order to lower healthcare costs and improve outcomes for billions of people.
To help realize our mission, we’re looking for a Business Development Marketing Lead to build our brand among - and to ultimately help drive partnerships with - biopharmaceutical companies, health systems, employers and others. The ideal teammate has experience building and/or transforming healthcare brands (preferably pharmaceutical) at any stage of their lifecycle. You know how to navigate complex environments/customers to successfully meet their needs while achieving your goals. You’re a rockstar marketer who knows how to turn insight into action to develop and tell compelling stories that connect with customers and drive behavior change. You’re deeply curious and love to problem solve. Rolling up your sleeves comes naturally - as does strategic thinking. You hold yourself accountable and are a successful leader of people and projects with a knack for flawlessly managing multiple initiatives and needs at the same time. You’ve ideally had experience working in a co-promote setting, and context switching comes easily. And, probably most importantly, you have a passion for improving people’s lives.
What you’ll do:
- Build the Invitae brand among strategic partners including biopharmaceutical companies, health systems, employers and other potential partners
- Define approaches and initiatives that drive awareness and understanding of Invitae and our offerings, increase intent to partner with Invitae and ultimately help to secure partnerships
- Sharpen positioning, messaging and value proposition in collaboration with cross-functional colleagues; including partnerships lead, health systems and employers lead, marketing, communications, medical, product and legal (among others)
- Know the customers inside and out. Define audience segments and work in service of them.
- Bring together an integrated team (communications, marketing communications, advocacy, medical, product, etc.) to execute in support of shared objectives
- Define and maintain accountability for key performance indicators, including but not limited to engagement, lead generation, # of partnerships secured; monitor, track and adapt as needed
- Elevate our approach and story we’re telling these stakeholders. Develop marketing plan and materials to support business needs. Examples include but are not limited to: presentations (pitch, conference, webinar), core message documents, landing pages, paid ads (digital and print), events support
- Monitor and apply understanding of the healthcare (triple aim, cost and quality initiatives), employer (related to health and wellness benefits) and pharma landscapes (approvals, clinical trial pipeline, etc.); identify areas for potential partnership, translate insights and look for ways to continuously grow
- Maintain a deliberate, calm and thoughtful approach to everything you do while embracing a sense of urgency
- Lead the Business Development marketing cluster; actively collaborate across marketing (US and International)
What you bring:
- 10+ years experience in healthcare marketing and/or product/brand management at a pharmaceutical or biotech company (preferably in a specialty area)
- Ideally, worked in a co-promote setting (preferred but not mandatory)
- Proven growth track record
- Deep experience building and executing multichannel marketing plans
- Experience developing presentations to support decision-making and endorsement. Examples include but are not limited to: annual/operating plan, top:top meetings, key account management, pitch decks
- Curiosity, creativity, humility and interest in building something new
- Leadership and do-ership. You can write the plan. And execute it.
- Recognized team player. You know that it takes a village. And know how to rally the village.
- The ability to say: I don’t know but am excited to figure it out/try
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top