Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
Our development team works on a variety of projects ranging from innovations in healthcare systems to taming the chaos of biology. We are constantly improving our tools and technologies to deliver the highest quality actionable information to doctors and patients. Behind every sample that comes in through the door we know there is an individual and a family looking for answers.
What you’ll do:
- Maintaining, improving, and adding to our catalog of production bioinformatics pipelines across an expanding set of modern assays
- Scaling our pipelines
- Collaborate closely with bioinformaticians, molecular biologists, and software engineers
What you bring:
- Strong experience in bioinformatics and pipeline efforts
- Passion about writing clean, reusable, and composable bioinformatics pipelines
- Capability to lead technical efforts
- Strong experience analyzing data from a range of genetics technologies (especially Illumina and PacBio sequencing and arrays)
- Passion to contribute to source code for large open source projects with with Python knowledge required
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and data presentation skills
- Preferred: Experience with High-Performance Computing (HPC) environments (e.g. S/UGE, LSF, and/or Amazon AWS)
- Preferred: Experience with Distributed Workflow managers, e.g. airflow, luigi, COSMOS
- Preferred: Experience using and designing RESTful and RPC-style interfaces
- Preferred: Experience with Docker or other containerization/virtualization
- Preferred: Experience with CI/CD
At Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. Our teams thrive in our dynamic organization, which has been designed to empower them to make the biggest impact they can for our patients. We give our employees the ability to explore interests and capabilities broadly within the organization. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility. We also provide excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we’re changing healthcare to change lives. Join us.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.