Billing - Benefits Verifications Specialist
- Irvine, CA
SCHEDULE: Mon - Fri, traditional EST or PST hours
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making clinical-grade genetic information affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
Our team is expanding rapidly and we’re looking for people who are passionate about helping improve healthcare to join us.
Invitae is expanding our Billing team in the Irvine area! This team is responsible for maximizing revenue for the company. This team interacts with health insurers to secure coverage and reimbursement for our patients. As an operational team, we are constantly looking for ways to improve processes and workflows, while maintaining and improving revenue. The result of our work is an innovative, flexible, highly scalable billing operations in a collaborative, fast-paced team environment.
We are seeking to add a Benefits Verification Specialist to our team. The Benefits Verification Specialist is responsible for all aspects of the benefits verification process. The individual will be expected to work cross-functionally across many departments (sales, operations, billing, and lab teams) to serve our patient and client needs.
What you'll do:
- Verify patient insurance benefits and eligibility with insurance providers
- Maintain all Invitae processes and policies to respond clearly to high volume billing phone and e-mail inquiries
- Identify issues and suggest potential improvements
- Collaborate with your team and to develop best practices to ensure we are providing the best service and experience to all customers
- Participate in projects that extend beyond your day to day responsibilities
What you bring:
- Be well-versed in the benefits verification process
- Ability to complete a high volume of benefit verification requests
- Strong understanding of insurance billing
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational abilities
- Outstanding phone communication skills
- Have high energy, be a self-starter, great teammate and ready to roll up your sleeves to get things done
- Possess a strong work ethic and commitment to improving patients’ lives
- Be flexible and adaptable with a drive to go above and beyond
- Enjoys problem-solving in a dynamic, fast paced, team-based and rapidly changing environment
- Can support PST or EST hours
- 1+ year experience working in a client-facing role in a work setting that is heavily customer focused
By joining Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. We’ve created a culture that empowers our teams and our teammates to have the biggest impact and to explore their interests and capabilities. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility, along with excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top