Team Lead, Tier 2 Support (EMEA)
- Leawood, MO
InVision is the digital product design platform used to make the world’s best customer experiences. We provide design tools and educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development. Today, more 4 million people use InVision to create a repeatable and streamlined design workflow; rapidly design and prototype products before writing code, and collaborate across their entire organization. That includes more than 80 percent of the Fortune 100, and organizations like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Slack, Starbucks and Uber, who are now able to design better products, faster.
Our team is in search of strong team lead for Tier 2 Support in our EMEA region.
About the Team:
Team Leads are meant to enable the InVision Support department to effectively scale as we grow across all tiers and regions, and ensure that communication flows smoothly from staff to management and vice versa no matter how large we grow. Team Leads also offer opportunities for advancement and professional development for Support staff who are interested in leadership experience.
Team Leads provide frontline management for all individual contributors in the Support department, and are broken down roughly by region or schedule worked. Our ideal goal is to have a Team Lead for every 4-5 employees. As the department grows, additional Team Leads would be added to ensure that each Team Lead has roughly four employees reporting to him or her. Those Team Leads all report into the Support Manager for either T1 or T2.
The primary distinction between a Team Lead and a Support Manager is scope. The Team Lead's focus is much more tactical, handling the day-to-day management of their team and ensuring that staff are scheduled, handling/approving their PTO requests, coaching them as issues arise, and otherwise ensuring that each individual contributor has the resources they need to be successful. By comparison, the Support Manager is more strategically focused and coordinates the longer-term strategy across the entire T1 or T2 level.
What you’ll do:
- Evaluate performance of staff within their team on an ongoing basis as well as via periodic performance reviews, and report and discuss with their Support Manager
- Mentor and coach individual contributors on their team and ensure that primary goals (number of solves, satisfaction score, time to first reply/responsiveness, etc) are being met, and work with staff and Support Manager to develop plan for improvement if necessary
- Inform Support Manager of potential risks with Support process or the product itself and collaborate with other Support Leadership on ways to mitigate those risks
- Assign project work to individual contributors in concert with Support Manager
- Coordinate with Support Manager on recruiting of new staff and does initial screening interview as well as organizing panel interview with peers
- Deliver training to new hires and organizes onboarding peers and other training sessions that are scheduled
- Gather feedback from staff during regular 1:1s and continually work with Support Manager to ensure that the professional development needs of their team are being met and that employees are happy and fulfilled
What you’ll bring:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and customer empathy
- A genuine desire to make their team fulfilling and to be supportive of their staff
- Demonstrated ability to coach either subordinates or peers and offer constructive feedback
- Analytical mind capable of identifying problems and ability to communicate them to management effectively
- At least two years experience providing customer support preferably in a SaaS environment or supporting a comparable product offering
- Ability to lead by example by developing and demonstrating strong product and process knowledge
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and a retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Back to top