Sr. Software Engineer, Platform Automation
- Leawood, MO
InVision is the digital product design platform used to make the world’s best customer experiences. We provide design tools and educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development. Today, more 4 million people use InVision to create a repeatable and streamlined design workflow; rapidly design and prototype products before writing code, and collaborate across their entire organization. That includes more than 80 percent of the Fortune 100, and organizations like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Slack, Starbucks and Uber, who are now able to design better products, faster.
Our team is in search of a Software Engineer, Platform Automation to help us change the way digital products are designed.
About the Team:
The Platform Automation team is looking for an experienced individual to help InVision’s engineers build and manage microservices in our multi-cloud computing infrastructure. We are a highly collaborative team who like to share what we know and help each other to get things done; our next teammate should share a similar mindset and help us strengthen our team culture!
Your job is to create and maintain tools that make the CICD process a breeze, so our engineers can ship frequently and safely. How? How about tools to deploy or rollback changes? Visualization tools to observe the result in real-time? diagnostic tools to correlate events such as environment variable changes, feature flag changes, and one-off script executions? And if you think there are already existing tools or open source solutions that solve our problems, even better — come help us to integrate these tools into our ever-growing infrastructure so that our engineers can deliver their services faster with confidence.
What you’ll do:
- Experience working in a DevOps environment for several years.
- Accustomed to agile development and understand the concept "done done".
- Write software that their teammates can maintain — a clear expression of intention over clever syntax, realistic user-level requirement tests over completism.
- Automate, document and communicate as much as possible
What you’ll bring:
- Solid experience in turning business requirements into production quality software in Go (Do you have Github repos to share?)
- Experience in Systems Programming; understand the concepts of concurrency, pointer, memory management etc.
- Experience in cloud and related technologies such as Kubernetes, Kafka, Docker, AWS, and Lambda
- Experience in storage and caching technologies such as MySQL, MongoDB, and Redis
- Experience in operating and monitoring microservices in production environments, with tools such as DataDog, PagerDuty, and Loggly
- Understanding of SSO technologies such as OAuth and SAML as well as an understanding of service mesh technologies such as Envoy and Istio will be a plus!
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and a retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Back to top