Software Engineering Manager, Studio
About the Team:
You are someone who loves building high performing teams. You believe that the foundations of a really good team are a clear vision, engaged and talented engineers, just enough process, fast and effective decision-making, and excellent communication. You’re never satisfied and are always looking for ways to make things better and to deliver faster with higher reliability. You care deeply about the work that you do and the people who are doing it. You practice the leader-leader model. You love building great products and working with awesome people.
At InVision, we are creating the world's leading product design experiences through powerful design and prototyping tools. We are building InVision Studio to be the world’s most powerful screen design tool. But in many ways, that’s just the beginning. We intend for Studio to be a platform upon which a massive ecosystem of creative people can solve problems we never even imagined. Through this platform we will be enabling a powerful ecosystem of plugins and applications that enable designers and more to achieve their goals. As an Engineering Manager on the Studio Marketplace, your team will build the UI and infrastructure that allows developers and partners to share their unique additions to the Studio ecosystem.
There are a number of reasons you really want to be an Engineering Manager on this team. You will have the opportunity to work with a super talented, engaged engineers who love what they do. You will work with an experienced leadership team that has successfully grown and mentored managers. You’ll be part of a peer group that is supportive and always learning.
As an Engineering Manager, you will:
- Be accountable for your team’s delivery and execution on projects and operation of services.
- Lead and grow the engineers on your team through coaching and mentoring, regular reviews, and one-on-ones.
- Manage projects through effective planning, communication of status, and coordination of activities within your team and across teams.
- Continuously improve your team’s processes.
A great candidate is someone who is:
- Experienced in mentoring and coaching engineers.
- Experienced in delivering complex projects quickly and with a focus on quality and reliability.
- Process-oriented but hates bureaucracy. Experienced with Agile and/or Lean.
- Good at getting things done with minimal oversight while maintaining good information flow.
- Experienced hiring good engineers who add to the strengths of the team.
- Balances good strategic vision with tactical execution.
If this sounds like you, please let us know in a cover letter why you think this is a perfect fit for you.
Get to Know Us:
Benefits & Perks:
InVision offers a unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. In the United States we have team members throughout 40+ states including cities like New York, San Francisco, Austin, Portland, and Boston. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose. The benefits we offer in the United States include competitive health plans and a 401k plan.
Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country. Please ask our recruiting team about the benefits and perks package available in your country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Back to top