Software Engineering Manager, Craft
- Leawood, MO
InVision is the digital product design platform used to make the world’s best customer experiences. We provide design tools and educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development. Today, more 4 million people use InVision to create a repeatable and streamlined design workflow; rapidly design and prototype products before writing code, and collaborate across their entire organization. That includes more than 80 percent of the Fortune 100, and organizations like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Slack, Starbucks and Uber, who are now able to design better products, faster.
Our team is in search of a Software Engineering Manager, Craft to help us change the way digital products are designed.
About the Team:
You are someone who loves building high performing teams. You believe that the foundations of a really good team are a clear vision, engaged and talented engineers, just enough process, fast and effective decision-making, and excellent communication. You’re never satisfied and are always looking for ways to make things better and to deliver faster with higher reliability. You care deeply about the work that you do and the people who are doing it. You practice the leader-leader model. You love building great products and working with awesome people.
What you’ll do:
- Be accountable for your team’s delivery and execution on projects and operation of services.
- Lead and grow the engineers on your team through coaching and mentoring, regular reviews, and one-on-ones.
- Manage projects through effective planning, communication of status, and coordination of activities within your team and across teams.
- Continuously improve your team’s processes.
What you’ll bring:
- Experienced in mentoring and coaching engineers.
- Experienced in delivering complex projects quickly and with a focus on quality and reliability.
- Process-oriented but hates bureaucracy. Experienced with Agile and/or Lean.
- Good at getting things done with minimal oversight while maintaining good information flow.
- Experienced hiring good engineers who add to the strengths of the team.
- Balances good strategic vision with tactical execution.
If this sounds like you, please let us know in a cover letter why you think this is a perfect fit for you.
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and a retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Back to top