Software Engineering Manager, Authentication
InVision is the digital product design platform used to make the world’s best customer experiences. We provide design tools and educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development. Today, more 4 million people use InVision to create a repeatable and streamlined design workflow; rapidly design and prototype products before writing code, and collaborate across their entire organization. That includes more than 80 percent of the Fortune 100, and organizations like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Slack, Starbucks and Uber, who are now able to design better products, faster.
Our team is in search of an Engineering Manager, Authentication, to help us change the way digital products are designed.
About the Team:
The Authentication squad in our Enterprise zone. This squad owns everything related to authentication, ensuring a frictionless experience for existing and new users to arrive at their destination anywhere within the InVision ecosystem. Working to understand users needs, all the way from a single person working on a project to a 10,000+ person enterprise, with complex security concerns, your team will be responsible for taking those broad and varied requirements and reducing them to a simple, enjoyable and resilient authentication system.
Our ideal candidate is someone who can, with your product and design partners, guide the team through the complex and deep workflows that is Enterprise-grade authentication. They can articulate complex flows while helping the team to break them down into deliverable increments. They can collaborate on a roadmap to prioritize our most important needs, and work with some of our largest customers to ensure their experiences are as delightful as the simple cases.
What you’ll do:
- You will manage a team of 5-7 engineers to own our users’ authentication experiences across all our products
- You will work with stakeholders from across the organization, from Product managers to Executives
- Mentor and help engineers to plan and execute their career paths
- Seek out and listen to the customer, and work with your team to create solutions that will have the highest impact
- Create a culture of innovation on the team where ideas are generated and executed
- Collaborate across the business to understand user needs, prioritizing new features, and communicating product roll-outs in partnership with your Product Manager
- Iterate on your product and own its quality and impact to our customers, making key investments and improvements with your product and design partners
- Maintain focus on operational excellence and on running the team’s services in production
- Set context with the team so they are empowered and equipped to make great business- and Engineering-informed decisions
What you’ll bring:
- Prior experience managing a team (or teams) of Engineers
- A servant leader approach to leadership — we serve our teams, not the other way around
- Passion for creating and mentoring engineering teams; you enjoy watching engineers learn and thrive in their careers
- Bias towards action, absolute willingness to own the problem and drive towards a speedy solution; you won’t stop until the problem is solved with an effective solution
- Keen eye for details and delivering quality products on tight timelines; you can motivate your team to find solutions which may be outside of the box, you approach problem spaces from many angles
- Ability to comprehend and understand complex systems as a whole, and also to focus in and communicate relevant aspects of the system to non-technical stakeholders
- Collaborative nature, with willingness and desire to work across multiple teams and departments; you can take all concerned parties into consideration and craft solutions which are win-win for everyone
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to thrive in a variable and demanding environment
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and a retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Back to top