Senior Software Engineer, Security Team
InVision is the digital product design platform used to make the world’s best customer experiences. We provide design tools and educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development. Today, more 4 million people use InVision to create a repeatable and streamlined design workflow; rapidly design and prototype products before writing code, and collaborate across their entire organization. That includes more than 80 percent of the Fortune 100, and organizations like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Slack, Starbucks and Uber, who are now able to design better products, faster.
Our team is in search of a Senior Security Engineer, to help us change the way digital products are designed.
About the Team:
Our experienced security team manages all areas of application security, platform security, compliance and security risk. We build and protect the systems that enable companies to create designs that makes everything possible.
We never stop improving on security. Join our Information Security team and you will be part of a unique team that creates guard rails that guide developers to secure solutions which doesn’t inhibit speed and innovation.
What you’ll do:
- Secure our code. Identify emergent vulnerabilities in our application source code.
- Bake security into our product. Work with InVision engineers to evolve, design, implement security measures.
- Help us be compliant. Design and implement strategies and solution to maintain industry compliance requirements.
- Be a security advocate. Every day offers a variety of work, exciting new challenges, opportunities to contribute new ideas(yourvoice will be heard and valued), and the ability to share your knowledge across the engineering organization.
- Evolve security. Help evolve InVision’s vulnerability remediation process and response efforts.
- Build security stuff. Work with product and engineering teams to build new application security features. Interface with other Product Engineering teams and Platform Service teams to take advantage of and incorporate their services and tools into your product.
What you’ll bring:
- Experience with web application microservices and front end architecture.
- Advance working knowledge of application vulnerabilities. OWASP top 10 is a good place to start but understanding that there are over 600 distinctly different types of coding vulnerabilities.
- Ability to debug full-stack problems; debug a web application problem single-handedly all the way from the browser, through transport, to the application servers/databases. Not afraid of logs and core dumps.
- Use of continuous integration and delivery technologies at an expert level and ability to teach others best practices.
- Experience designing and building high volume, scalable SaaS applications from end to end.
- Curiosity to iterate and improve on solutions; you view unknowns as challenges and enjoy them.
- Motivation to understand the business and our users, their requirements, and deliver results.
- Passion for continued learning and achieving personal goals through developer community involvement and contributions.
- You know React, Kotlin, or Swift are nice to have!!
- Mobile experience is a strong, strong PLUS! Be it iOS or Android you understand mobile development, security, testing strategy, and interfaces.
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and a retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Back to top