Senior Database Engineer, Platform
InVision is the digital product design platform used to make the world’s best customer experiences. We provide design tools and educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development. Today, more 4 million people use InVision to create a repeatable and streamlined design workflow; rapidly design and prototype products before writing code, and collaborate across their entire organization. That includes more than 80 percent of the Fortune 100, and organizations like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Slack, Starbucks and Uber, who are now able to design better products, faster.
Our team is in search of a Senior Database Engineer, Platform to support the operation of our transactional database systems to help us change the way digital products are designed.
About the Team:
Our customers are designers and engineers who care about the details, the small stuff. Every bit of the customer experience is important and we’re not just talking about features. Every bit of friction is something that gets in the way of creativity and innovation. Our job is to foster both of those things!
You are someone who loves building software that people genuinely love using. You want to make things that excite people. That add joy to their daily lives. And you want to do it with people who are working towards a common goal and see your success as their success. You will be joining a team that values getting things done, helping others get things done, and building towards an amazing future.
You like to go really deep because you love to unravel things, both to understand how they work and to use them beyond what others thought was possible. You love both new and interesting things, but also things that are proven to work because you’ve been burned by the new and shiny before. You aren’t afraid to tackle any problem head on with the support of talented people to help. You enable people to do their best and achieve things together they never thought possible. Because you care. Because you genuinely want to deliver something that people love.
If that sounds like you, we want you here. We need you here! We have super ambitious goals that we think will genuinely make a difference for our customers. You’ll help us achieve those goals.
What you’ll do:
- Support the operation of transactional databases that are used by all InVision's products and teams
- Continuously deliver solutions using MongoDB, MySQL, Postgresql, Go, SQL, MongoDB, Docker, Kubernetes, and more
- Ensure your software and database architecture is well-designed, well-tested, and scales to millions of users
- Ensure you and your teammates are following good development and DBA practices and getting better every day
- Participate in code reviews and provide feedback to your fellow engineers
What you’ll bring:
- Demonstrates a high degree of personal accountability and is a team multiplier
- Loves to code, to write tests, and to problem solve and debug
- Learns continuously
- Creates a positive environment for the people around you
- Designs performant systems for high throughput workloads
- Experience operating highly available databases at scale
- Perform database monitoring, maintenance, reorganizations, resource management, schema management, and capacity planning
- Understanding of volume management in an AWS environment, experience with LVM and EBS
- Experience automating backups and backup verification
- Experience performance tuning database queries and databases
- Experience with database partitioning on various databases (RDS and/or Redshift, MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL).
- Expertise in one or more of: Ruby, Python, Bash or other scripting language. Experience with Go would be a plus, but not a requirement.
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and a retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Back to top