InVision is the digital product design platform used to make the world’s best customer experiences. We provide design tools and educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development. Today, more 4 million people use InVision to create a repeatable and streamlined design workflow; rapidly design and prototype products before writing code, and collaborate across their entire organization. That includes more than 80 percent of the Fortune 100, and organizations like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Slack, Starbucks and Uber, who are now able to design better products, faster.
Our team is in search of a Senior Back-End Engineer to help us change the way digital products are designed.
About the Team:
The Monetization team builds and owns the user and team subscription lifecycle flows and funnels, like upgrading/downgrading. The team also engineers the end-to-end SaaS billing administration, integration, and processing for our InVision customers.
The Monetization team is part of the Core Zone at InVision. The Core Zone builds the shared architecture, foundation, and pathways that shape the customer experience across the entire product design process. We're a uniquely horizontal department – often integrating with every InVision product area. Join the Core Zone and you'll build relationships with more talented design, engineering, and product thinkers than your typical product team.
What you’ll do:
- You're part of a small team that operates like a mini-startup - you’ll implement server-side logic, unit, integration, and functional tests, and deploy to production multiple times a day. Your team is responsible for building and shipping all components necessary for your product.
- You’ll work closely with Product Managers and Designers to design and develop the product’s functionality, look, and feel.
- You’ll build small, robust backend API services in Go that must be performant under load, scalable, and deliver large sets of data.
- You’ll frequently work with other Product Engineering and Platform Service teams to incorporate their components, services and tools into your product; as well as, share components, services, and best practices in return.
- Every day offers a variety of work, an opportunity to contribute new ideas, and the ability to share your knowledge within and outside of the InVision organization.
What you’ll bring:
- Multiple years of full stack experience designing and building high volume, scalable SaaS applications from end-to-end.
- Strong proficiency in Go; or professional experience in one of the following backend languages: Java, Ruby, Python.
- Multiple years of experience debugging complex issues at every level of the stack; you can debug a web application problem all the way from the browser, through the transport, through the application and servers and databases and asynchronous queues. Logs and core dumps don’t frighten you.
- Use of continuous integration and delivery technologies at an expert level; you have the ability and interest to teach others best practices.
- Curiosity to iterate and improve on solutions; you view unknowns as challenges and enjoy them.
- Motivation to understand the business, our users, their requirements, and to deliver results.
- Passion for continued learning and a track record of picking up new technologies and skills as you ship awesome code.
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and a retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.