Principal Graphics Rendering Engineer
- Leawood, MO
InVision is the Digital Product Design platform used to make the world’s best customer experiences. We provide design tools and educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development.
Today, more than 3.5 million people use InVision to create a repeatable and streamlined design workflow; rapidly design and prototype products before writing code, and collaborate across their entire organization. That includes more than 80 percent of the Fortune 100, and organizations like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Slack, Starbucks and Uber, who are now able to design better products, faster.
InVision is a fully distributed company with employees in 25 countries around the world. The company has raised more than $235 million in funding from leading investors including Accel, ICONIQ, FirstMark, Tiger Global, Battery Ventures, and Spark Capital. Visit us at InVisionApp.com and InVisionApp.com/blog.
Who you are:
You have a passion for cutting edge computer graphics. You know what it takes to build a performant rendering solution that works in the browser but goes all the way to the GPU. And you get a kick out of tweaking every last bit of performance from the system. You’re someone who loves math, keeps up on the latest algorithms, and understands how to leverage the underlying hardware. You read a lot of papers, but more importantly you love turning what you learn into real-world solutions and delivering them to customers.
Additionally, you have:
- 5-8 years experience working as a graphics engineer (preferably WebGl)
- 3+ years of experience as a technical lead
What you’ll do:
- Lead and develop innovative graphics techniques, algorithms, and tools to maximize graphics quality and performance.
- Promote and foster innovation within the team to produce creative solutions!
- Direct and manage projects that will be the foundation of future research projects
- You will be responsible for building and shipping all components necessary for your product, and you will work with Product Managers and Designers to determine the functionality, look, and feel.
- You’ll build and integrate rendering engines that allow for pixel-perfect representations of design files, prototypes, and animations that run at 60fps in the browser.
- Every day offers a variety of work, an opportunity to contribute new ideas, and the ability to share your knowledge through blog posts and presentations.
- Ability and desire to debug hard problems at every level; you’ll build out WebGL and Canvas solutions, write unit and functional tests, and verify before deploying.
- Profiling skills and the proven ability to tune for performance.
- Curiosity to iterate and improve on solutions; you view unknowns as challenges and enjoy them.
- Motivation to understand the business and our users, their requirements, and deliver results.
- Passion for continued learning and achieving personal goals through developer community involvement and contributions.
Want to join us?
If this sounds like your ideal next step, you will have the ability and desire to debug hard problems at every level; you’ll build out WebGL and Canvas solutions, write unit and functional tests, and verify before deploying. You should have a demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts applicable to our product and technical stack, and should have experience writing a variety of technical documentation.
You will need to be organized and comfortable managing multiple tasks and competing priorities efficiently, and will be able to resolve issues collaboratively and with a focus on delivery. Our culture is highly team-centered, and our teams have a strong sense of ownership, drive, and sense of urgency. You should, too.
InVision offers a deeply unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. In the United States we have teams including hubs in New York, San Francisco, Austin, Portland, and Boston. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose. Among our benefits we offer competitive health plans, 401k, a flexible vacation policy, Cafe cards for each employee, and a healthy book allowance related to your profession.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Back to top