Lead Front-End Engineer, Core
Get to Know Us:
InVision is the Digital Product Design platform used to make the world’s best customer experiences. We provide design tools and educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development.
Today, more than 4 million people use InVision to create a repeatable and streamlined design workflow; rapidly design and prototype products before writing code, and collaborate across their entire organization. That includes more than 80 percent of the Fortune 100, and organizations like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Slack, Starbucks and Uber, who are now able to design better products, faster.
InVision is a fully distributed company with employees in 25 countries around the world. The company has raised more than $235 million in funding from leading investors including Accel, ICONIQ, FirstMark, Tiger Global, Battery Ventures, and Spark Capital. Visit us at InVisionApp.com and InVisionApp.com/blog.
Building and shipping something this amazing and owning it through the entire product development lifecycle requires constant collaboration with the brightest people in the organization. Whether you’re at a beach house in Hawaii or a coffee shop on the East Coast, you’ll have the support of brilliant developers, product managers, and designers to keep the workday challenging and fun.
About the Core Zone:
The Core Zone builds the shared architecture, foundation, and pathways that shape the customer experience across the entire product design process - such as joining, sharing, organizing, following, and finding documents.
We're a uniquely horizontal department – often integrating with every InVision product area. Join the Core Zone and you'll build relationships with more talented design, engineering, and product thinkers than your typical product team.
- You're part of a small team that operates like a mini-startup - you’ll implement front-end user experiences and designs, client- and server-side logic, unit, integration, and functional tests, and deploy to production multiple times a day. Your team is responsible for building and shipping all components necessary for your product.
- You’ll work closely with Product Managers and Designers to design and develop the product’s functionality, look, and feel.
- You’ll frequently work with other Product Engineering and Platform Service teams to incorporate components, services and tools into their products; as well as, share components, services, and best practices in return.
- Every day offers a variety of work, an opportunity to contribute new ideas, and the ability to share your knowledge within and outside of the InVision organization.
- Multiple years of experience profiling and improving in-browser application performance
- Enough experience in server-side technologies like Node.js, Go, or both to handle the development of APIs servicing the SPA.
- An understanding of the design process and a real passion for user experience
- Use of continuous integration and delivery technologies at an experienced level; you have the ability and interest to teach others best practices.
- Curiosity to iterate and improve on solutions; you view unknowns as challenges and enjoy them.
- Motivation to understand the business, our users, their requirements, and to deliver results.
- Real passion for continued learning and a track record of picking up new technologies and skills as you ship awesome code.
- Experience mentoring and leading less experienced engineers.
Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country. Please ask our recruiting team about the benefits and perks package available in your country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Back to top