Lead Engineer, Collaboration
- Leawood, MO
InVision is the digital product design platform used to make the world’s best customer experiences. We provide design tools and educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development. Today, more than 4 million people use InVision to create a repeatable and streamlined design workflow; rapidly design and prototype products before writing code, and collaborate across their entire organization. That includes more than 80 percent of the Fortune 100, and organizations like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Slack, Starbucks and Uber, who are now able to design better products, faster.
Our team is in search of a Senior or Lead Full Stack Software Engineer for our Collaboration Zone, to help us change the way digital products are designed.
About the Team:
You’ll be working on one of the most critical products in InVision’s universe, delivering best in class experiences to our Customers whiles solving tough challenges like performance and scalability.
What you’ll do:
- You're part of a small team that operates like a mini-startup - you’ll implement front-end user experiences and designs, client- and server-side logic, unit, integration, and functional tests, and deploy to production multiple times a day. Your team is responsible for building and shipping all components necessary for your product.
- You’ll work closely with Product Managers and Designers to design and develop the product’s functionality, look, and feel.
- You’ll build small, robust backend API services in Go and Node.js that must be performant under load, scalable, and deliver large sets of data.
- You’ll frequently work with other Product Engineering and Platform Service teams to incorporate their components, services and tools into your product; as well as, share components, services, and best practices in return.
- Every day offers a variety of work, an opportunity to contribute new ideas, and the ability to share your knowledge within and outside of the InVision organization.
What you’ll bring:
- Multiple years of full stack experience designing and building high volume, scalable SaaS applications from end-to-end.
- Strong proficiency in React, Angular, or both.
- Strong proficiency in Node.js, Go, or both; or professional experience in one of the following backend languages: Java, Ruby, Python.
- Multiple years of experience debugging complex issues at every level of the stack; you can debug a web application problem all the way from the browser, through the transport, through the application and servers and databases and asynchronous queues. Logs and core dumps don’t frighten you.
- Use of continuous integration and delivery technologies at an expert level; you have the ability and interest to teach others best practices.
- Curiosity to iterate and improve on solutions; you view unknowns as challenges and enjoy them.
- Motivation to understand the business, our users, their requirements, and to deliver results.
- Passion for continued learning and a track record of picking up new technologies and skills as you ship awesome code.
- Experience mentoring and leading less experienced engineers.
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and a retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
You will contribute to an environment that enables you to do your best engineering work, and you’ll do it with new web standards and frameworks like ES6, React, MongoDB, Node.js, Go, and Docker. We empower engineers by being laser focused on maximum developer velocity through automation of tests, builds, deploys and a tight customer feedback loop to continuously improve the product.
Building and shipping something this amazing and owning it from prototypes and specifications to release requires constant collaboration with the brightest people in the organization. Whether you’re at a beach house in Hawaii or a coffee shop on the East Coast, you’ll have the support of brilliant developers, product managers, and designers to keep the workday challenging and fun.
Back to top