Layout Engineer, Studio
InVision is the digital product design platform used to make the world’s best customer experiences. We provide design tools and educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development. Today, more 4 million people use InVision to create a repeatable and streamlined design workflow; rapidly design and prototype products before writing code, and collaborate across their entire organization. That includes more than 80 percent of the Fortune 100, and organizations like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Slack, Starbucks and Uber, who are now able to design better products, faster.
Our team is in search of a Layout Engineer to help us change the way digital products are designed.
About the Team:
You have a passion for cutting edge UI design and computer graphics. You know what it takes to build a performant rendering solution that works in the browser but goes all the way to the GPU, and you get a kick out of tweaking every last bit of performance from the system. You’re someone who loves math, keeps up on the latest algorithms, and understands how to leverage the underlying hardware.
What you’ll do:
- Strong Math skills including Analytic Geometry and Linear Algebra.
- 5-8 years experience working as a UI, Graphics, or Rendering Engineer
- 3+ years of experience as a technical lead
What you’ll bring:
- Lead and develop innovative graphics techniques, algorithms, and tools to maximize graphics quality and performance.
- Promote and foster innovation within the team to produce creative solutions!
- Manage projects that will be the foundation of future research projects
- You will be responsible for building and shipping all components necessary for your product, and you will work with Product Managers and Designers to determine the functionality, look, and feel.
- Every day offers a variety of work, an opportunity to contribute new ideas, and the ability to share your knowledge through blog posts and presentations.
- Ability and desire to debug hard problems at every level; you’ll build out WebGL and Canvas solutions, write unit and functional tests, and verify before deploying.
- Profiling skills and the proven ability to tune for performance.
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and a retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Back to top