Engineering Manager, Security SRE (Remote)
InVision is the Digital Product Design platform used to make the world’s best customer experiences. We provide design tools and educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development.
Today, more than 3.5 million people use InVision to create a repeatable and streamlined design workflow; rapidly design and prototype products before writing code, and collaborate across their entire organization. That includes more than 80 percent of the Fortune 100, and organizations like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Slack, Starbucks, and Uber, who are now able to design better products, faster.
InVision is a fully distributed company with employees in 25 countries around the world. The company has raised more than $235 million in funding from leading investors including Accel, ICONIQ, FirstMark, Tiger Global, Battery Ventures, and Spark Capital. Visit us at InVisionApp.com and InVisionApp.com/blog.
You are someone who loves building high performing teams. You believe that the foundations of a really good team are a clear vision, engaged and talented engineers, just enough process, fast and effective decision-making, and excellent communication. You’re never satisfied and are always looking for ways to make things better and to deliver faster with higher reliability. You care deeply about the work that you do and the people who are doing it. You practice the leader-leader model. Ok, so it’s pretty clear that you’re awesome. And awesome people like to work on awesome stuff, right?
We want you to help us establish and solidify our SecDevOps framework. We’re fully invested in the latest security and platform technologies such as Containerization, Kubernetes, AWS services, Go, Web Application Firewalls, and much more. You will get to work on tools and security products that will help protect our organization and customers; and critical in helping the business succeed.
Your work will directly contribute to people loving their work. You will manage the SecDevOps team and collaborate closely with our Platform’s DevOps team to maintain the security of the build, stability, and availability of our service. It’s genuinely a lot of fun working on a great product and pushing the edge in SecDevOps.
- Be accountable for your team’s delivery and execution on projects and operation of services.
- Lead and grow the engineers on your team through coaching and mentoring, regular reviews, and one-on-ones.
- Manage projects through effective planning, communication of status, and coordination of activities within your team and across teams.
- Continuously improve your team’s processes.
- Work with your engineers to design and deliver amazing security controls tailored to AWS, Kubernetes, and Docker.
- Strong Player Coach who partners with engineers and managers to develop and lead strategy.
- Strong grasp of cloud infrastructure and containerization security paradigms.
- Experienced in minimizing cloud security and technology risks.
- Strong architectural understanding of back end systems.
- Experienced delivering security control packages for AWS, Containerization, Kubernetes, CoreOS, or Ubuntu in a web centric environment.
- Experience with Ansible, Chef, Terraform, or other Infrastructure as Code tools.
- Strong grasp of using Python (boto), Ruby, or Go to leverage api’s and solve complex problems.
- Hands on experience with git and code delivery pipelines such as Jenkins or Codeship.
- Excellent work-load management and prioritization skills
- Experience leading technical teams through security incidents
- Experienced in mentoring and coaching engineers.
- Experienced in delivering complex projects quickly and with a focus on quality and reliability.
- Process-oriented but hates bureaucracy. Experienced with Agile and/or Lean.
- Good at getting things done with minimal oversight while maintaining good information flow.
- Experienced hiring good engineers who add to the strengths of the team.
- Balances good strategic vision with tactical execution.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Prior experience in managing remote Site Reliability teams
- Certifications in CISSP, CISM, or SANS GCIH/GPEN,/GWAPT
There are a number of reasons you really want to be an Engineering Manager on this team. You will have the opportunity to work with a super talented, engaged engineers who love what they do. You will work with an experienced leadership team that has successfully grown and mentored managers. You’ll be part of a peer group that is supportive and always learning.
If this sounds like you, we’d like to know more!
Meet Some of InVision's Employees
Clark made InVision to change how designers collaborate with their teams. Now, he works directly with teams to shape how InVision products are communicated to the world.
Back to top