Staff Software Engineer
Come join the Secure Communications team as a Staff Software Engineer.
Are you interested in creating great products at massive scale that enable billions of dollars of revenue? Does working on a highly available platform doing over 7 Billion transactions per day sound like a fun challenge? We are seeking a Staff Software Engineer to join Intuit's Developer Platform Group in Services Fabric. Services Fabric is core to Intuit's distributed architecture, building systems that maximize the speed with which Intuit and external developers can create awesome products and services. As a team, we are always focused on innovating to solve customer problems, including technologies that have been patented. We have begun working our next-generation platform with istio Service Mesh, and we are looking for more self-driven, talented engineers to continue making this platform successful. This team actively works and contributes to open-source technologies, and is responsible for mission-critical components of Intuit's software.
- Designing and developing elegant solutions using well-architected software, including building features, services, prototypes, and proofs of concept.
- Leading the gathering of functional requirements, developing technical specifications, and project & test planning
- Acting as the technical subject matter expert: Mentoring fellow engineers, demonstrating technical expertise, and leading a small team solving challenging programming and design problems
- Heavy focus on technical contribution and coding, complemented with design, documentation, and mentorship as needed to make the entire team successful.
- Resolving defects/bugs during QA testing, pre-production, production, and post-release patches
- Working cross-functionally with various Intuit teams including: product management, other engineering teams, and architects.
- End-to-end ownership and responsibility to complete projects from inception to production
- 8+ years experience designing and developing web, software, or mobile applications
- 4+ years experience building and consuming modern web services
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent work experience
- Production experience building high quality software using Java, Golang, or C++
- Excellent communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong leadership experience: Leading meetings, presenting, technical go-to person, and cross-functional leader
- Expertise with the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including the Software design and architecture process
Back to top