Staff Software Engineer
Come join Intuit as a Staff Software Engineer in the QuickBooks Online team. You'll work with an innovative and passionate team of engineers modernizing existing systems and developing new core domain service capabilities to support our rapidly growing global customer base. You'll work with Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, polyglot storage, Redis, Kafka and the latest container technologies.
- Design and rapidly prototype proposed solutions to provide scope estimates to the business
- Help lead agile feature/product design process working with cross-functional teams including: Product Management, Marketing, Customer Care, Experience Design and Operations
- Act as the technical subject matter expert: Mentoring fellow engineers, demonstrate technical expertise, and lead a small team solving challenging programming and design problems
- Bring outside-in thinking and best practices from the industry to challenge anti-patterns and drive durable solution architectures
- Generate technical documentation and presentations to communicate architectural and design options, and educate development teams and business stakeholders
- Build relationships with teams that provide shared services.
- Assist in Production support
- Perform and participate in peer code reviews
- Write domain specific automated unit and system tests
- Bachelor or Master degree in computer science or a related technical field or comparable experience
- Self starter with strong work ethic with a passion for problem-solving
- 8+ years' experience in Enterprise Java and/or Spring Framework, Spring Batch experience a bonus
- Distributed system design experience
- Object oriented design and development mastery
- Expertise with unit testing frameworks, mocking and data-driven tests
- Expertise with RDBMS and ORM technologies, experience with No-SQL storage a bonus
- Experience with messaging frameworks such as JMS, Kafka or RabbitMQ
- Experience with AWS or other Cloud platform and managed services.
Back to top