Senior Software Engineer Mobile Consumer Group
Come join the Turbo Tax Mobile development team as a Senior Software Engineer. Our team is responsible for mobile products that are used by millions of consumers every year to prepare and file their taxes. In this role you will develop and/or implement cutting edge solutions to enable speed and agility through the development experience and provide a consistent and continuous tax-prep experience to the customer on different platforms and devices.
We are looking for a highly motivated and creative problem solver with a passion for innovation to join our team and revolutionize the way the world does business.
- Leading the gathering of functional requirements, developing technical specifications, and project & test planning
- Define, implement & automate Continuous deployment, Zero-downtime, Rolling update workflows
- Build well-tested high-quality tools to improve Developer Productivity and Developer Experience
- Acting as the technical subject matter expert: Mentoring fellow engineers, demonstrating technical expertise, and leading a small team solving challenging programming and design problems
- Work cross-functionally with various Intuit teams including: product management, QA/QE, various product lines, and/or business units to drive forward results
- Architecting and developing Android or iOS mobile apps, prototypes, or proofs of concepts
- Generate technical documentation and PowerPoint presentations to communicate architectural and design options, and educate development teams and business users
- Resolve defects/bugs during QA testing, pre-production, production, and post-release patches
- Demonstrate a passion for developing well architected mobile apps that integrate into a complex set of services and dependencies
- Experience with Agile Development, SCRUM, or Extreme Programming methodologies
- Roughly 60-70% hands-on coding
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent work experience
- 5+ year's experience designing and developing mobile applications
- Emphasis on rigor and security required for a financial government compliance offering is a plus.
- Experience developing in both Android and iOS is a plus
- Practical experience in developing applications integrating with services, building out high scale platforms, engineering and operational excellence
- Strong leadership experience: Leading meetings, presenting, technical go to person, and cross-functional leader
- Experience with building solutions to improve Developer Productivity
- Good understanding of CI/CD workflows
- Strong coding abilities, architecture, debugging, and performance/diagnostics measurement skills
- Experience in developing cutting edge native apps using mobile technologies.
- Excellent communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Expertise in the Software design/architecture process
- Expertise with unit testing & Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Expertise with any of the following Object Oriented Languages (OOD): Java, Swift, Kotlin
- Strategic thinker with an ability to set and evangelize vision, facilitative leadership, attract and retain key talent
Back to top