Senior Software Engineer - Full-Stack
Come join the Intuit Australia QuickBooks team as a Senior Software Engineer. The QuickBooks team develops amazing web and mobile solutions that power prosperity around the world. Join a team of talented software engineers to develop the business tools that help Australian self-employed and small businesses thrive.
You'll play a key role in developing and improving QuickBooks web and mobile versions for our customers across Australia; as well as, having an impact on all of our 3.5 million customers, in over 190 countries. Using new and exciting tech like ReactJS, GraphQL & Spring you'll be driving locally driven projects that are key to customers' success both in Australia and globally.
We have an incredibly customer-centric development approach, as a result our web and mobile applications are loved by our customers. Our close-knit team work in an incredibly agile environment in partnership with our product managers and design team to be able to quickly delivery key features for our customers.
- Successful delivery of high-quality web and mobile software (requirements, design, code, documentation, etc.)
- Roughly 80% hands-on coding
- Lead early quality activities including peer reviews of estimates, designs and code
- Resolve defects/bugs during QA testing, pre-production, production, and post-release patches
- Partner effectively across dependent teams to deliver against commitments
- Work cross-functionally with various Intuit teams: product management, experience design, various product lines, or business units to drive forward results
- Mentor and coach other team members on skill development and technical best practices; shares knowledge across teams.
- Commitment to team success and positive team dynamics
- Passion for growing and applying technical skills in service to customers
- Experience with Agile Development, SCRUM, and/or Extreme Programming methodologies
- BS in computer science or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years' experience developing web, software, and mobile applications
- Expert level understanding of software engineering fundamentals and their practical application
- Experience in front-end frameworks: ReactJS
- Experience in mobile application development: Java, Kotlin, Swift
- Experience with Object-Oriented Languages: Java/J2EE
- Solid understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Experience in web services (REST, SOAP) including modern SaaS-based building, deploying, and hosting micro-services.
- Experience with unit testing, Test Driven Development (TDD), and functional automated testing.
- "Self-starter" attitude and ability to make decisions independently
- Excellent problem solving skills with a history of superb delivery against assigned tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Back to top