Senior Software Engineer
Come join Intuit as a Software Engineer on the QuickBooks Online Payroll team! Intuit acts as a 35 year old startup, and we are constantly disrupting ourselves as we identify major new technology and design trends that are needed to deliver our mission to power prosperity around the world. Our group is a fast-paced team focused on delivering innovative capabilities and having fun while doing it.
- Gathering functional requirements, developing technical specifications, and project & test planning
- Designing/developing web, software, mobile apps, prototypes, or proofs of concepts (POC's)
- Act in a technical leadership capacity: Mentoring junior engineers, new team members, and applying technical expertise to challenging programming and design problems
- Roughly 70-85% hands-on coding
- Resolve defects/bugs during QA testing, pre-production, production, and post-release patches
- Work cross-functionally with various Intuit teams: product management, QA/QE, various product lines, or business units to drive forward results
- Contribute to the design and architecture of the project
- Experience with Agile Development, SCRUM, or Extreme Programming methodologies
- 5+ years' experience designing and developing web, software, or mobile applications
- Solid foundation in writing scalable web application code following best practices of accessibility, internationalization and instrumentation.
- Solid knowledge of algorithms and design patterns.
- Expertise in Java & experience with frameworks like JPA, Spring or Hibernate.
- Experience with thread pools & multi-threaded task execution.
- Experience with server side technologies like JSP/Servlets and good understanding of Object oriented concepts
- 3+ years' experience with web services (consuming or creating) with REST APIs
- Experience with Software design/architecture process
- Experience with test automation: TDD, unit/integration/functional testing.
- Experience with Relational Database Design and Implementation
- Understanding of AWS is a plus but not a requirement.
- Experience in UI frameworks like React, Backbone, Angular is a plus but not a requirement.
- Be able to mentor junior developers within the team
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent work experience
Back to top