Senior Front-End Engineer
Come join this innovative and passionate team of engineers to help build the next generation of awesome products and experiences using latest cutting-edge technology.
Intuit's Small Business payments team serves some of the most critical business needs of small businesses and their customers. Our user-facing applications are responsible for handling large volumes of transactions with large revenue.
If you love having big goals, real world challenges, and making customers incredibly happy whilst fostering your obsessive need for perfect code and user experience, this is the job for you.
Along with coding, you will be responsible for working with product managers, backend developers and designers on our agile team structure. We love engineers who lead the charge, communicating with customers and delivering the most beautiful and intuitive applications.
Be part of an engineering team that builds and supports amazing customer-facing products that provide innovative solutions to challenging programming and design problems. As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for all phases of the software development lifecycle, with a strong focus on the Front End development. This includes contribution to specification of requirements, design, development, testing, and maintenance.
In this role, your responsibilities will include the following:
- Design and develop responsive web applications providing awesome user experiences on desktop and mobile
- Hands-on development. Write highest quality code with attention to internal quality, scalability and performance
- Collaborate closely with Product Managers, Designers, QE/QA and other Intuit teams and business units to define, prioritize, sequence and scope business and functional requirements and drive results forward for Intuit
- Accurately scope effort, identify risks and clearly communicate trade-offs with team members and other stakeholders
- Stay aware of industry trends and make technology choices and strategic decisions. Subject matter expert on web technologies
- Ship high quality products and features with an end-to-end mindset from conception to delivery and production support, owning specifications, quality, release deployments and monitoring of production health. Contribute to engineering practices such as code review, unit and integration test
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent work experience required
- 4+ years' experience with frontend software development
- Experience with the full stack of software development - advantage
- Experience writing RESTful APIs and middle tier development
- Knowledge of current trends and best practices in front-end architecture including performance, accessibility and usability
- Expertise in Software Design and Architecture
- Scrum, Agile Process, Unit Testing & Test Driven Development
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Great business acumen with a passion to solve for the customer
- Nice to have: Experience with AWS, Node.js, JMS, ESB, Jersey, ActiveMQ, MySQL, NoSQL, Scalability, and Security, Payments domain knowledge
Back to top