Senior Communications Manager
We're looking for a masterful PR Person that will be responsible for translating our QuickBooks Small Business product stories into compelling content that engage external media audiences. The successful candidate will report to and partner with the Director of Communications, working closely with the brand, content, and earned media teams, as well as key leaders throughout the business. This role will be responsible for the PR strategy aligned to the "QuickBooks product ecosystem" earned and paid influencer program across QuickBooks small business and accounting.
- Desire to reinvent Product PR - traditional, partnership news, and innovate how we think about pay-for-play;
- Established technology, business and small business media relationships; well-developed skills in building influencer (earned and owned) relationships.
- Establish cadence and channels for biggest impact, ensure all audiences, especially SMBs and accountants know where we are going, and are informed of our product news and roadmap; changes in our business and other milestones
- This role will leverage solid relationships with Company General Managers and Product Marketers - drive recommendations, be a part of senior leader core staff;
- Outline, draft, edits or write a wide variety of external-focused materials including: communication strategy, product narratives, leadership talking points, and company claims;
- Ability to secure stories in top media outlets and influential online sites and blogs that position executives as industry thought leaders;
- Coordinate logistics for targeted speaking engagements, TV appearances, radio and podcasts for key Company leads;
- Ability to develop media strategy and ways to present QuickBooks's product, service or expertise; clear grasp on how stories are developed through the eyes of the media
- Build measurability into programs and gather insights to continuously improve programs that drive awareness of QuickBooks
- Provide strategic counsel to senior leaders on communications approach, messaging and positioning, and influence internal stakeholders as needed to ensure communications are compelling and aligned to the needs of the business goals.
- Partner across the organization with key internal stakeholders to develop and support a broad range communications initiatives and projects
- 8 - 10+ years of communications / media storytelling experience in an agency or corporate environment;
- Public relations and organic social media experience including strategizing and executing campaigns for product launches and brand campaigns;
- A track record of pioneering strategies and techniques for communicating news and information to audiences in a way that inspires, informs and galvanizes action;
- Curiosity and commitment to testing new ideas and innovating to drive business results;
- Possesses sound business judgment to determine appropriate action when dealing with senior leaders.
- Ability to distill key messages: and present them in a compelling and visually interesting way
- Creativity and vision: You've built communications and influencer programs that drive business outcomes. You're innovative and scrappy, and take pride in your ability to make something out of nothing.
- Great people skills: You know the "how" is as important as the "what" and you're known for building strong relationships up, down and across organizations.
- Strategic acumen: You see the big picture and you're able to counsel and connect dots for leadership, business partners.
- You thrive in a fast paced, ever changing environment because you see it as an opportunity to learn, grow and build something great together.
- This is a full-time position based in Mountain View, CA.
Join the Small Business Self Employed Group as a Public Relations Expert.
Back to top