Risk Policy Lead
Intuit QuickBooks is on a mission to transform small business money movement through its financial service platform. We are seeking a Risk Policy Lead as part of our growing SMS policy team within Intuit's Small Business Group (SBGSE). The Risk Policy Lead will work across functions (Risk Operations, Decision Science, Marketing, Product, Engineering, Finance, Audit, Corporate Accounting, etc.) to design and drive fraud risk strategies for Small & Medium Sized businesses. If you're innovative, passionate about solving real customer problems, and love new challenges, we welcome you to join our talented and fun team.
This role will focus on risk policy development for our Payments, Payroll & Quickbooks Capital products. Responsibilities will focus on fraud prevention and detection but elements of credit risk management may also be expected. Successful candidates for this role will leverage local market knowledge, risk expertise, financial analytics and innovative risk strategies to enable Intuit's SMB growth and expansion, achieve optimal profitability, and enhance trust-related consumer and merchant experience.
- Enhance current risk policy, via a deep understanding of our merchant portfolio and related data as well as business practices and objectives
- Present policies to business audience and senior/executive leaders in a compelling and data backed fashion
- Design, implement, and monitor experiments to explore new methodologies and estimate key metrics for risk policy effectiveness and efficiency
- Leverage Intuit ecosystem as well as test latest third party data solutions to enhance existing fraud policies
- Effectively work with product and technology teams to build risk solutions, partner with risk operations to operationalize solutions. In addition, the candidate should bring a high level of enthusiasm to the projects and the ability to organize and motivate large groups. This includes taking initiative, ownership and responsibility for projects.
- Ability to perform quantitative and business trade-off decisions and create risk policies.
- Must be an organized analytical thinker, with the ability to perform or direct a detailed, fully-considered analysis
- Must have good judgement with the ability to think creatively and strategically.
- Strong business acumen and exceptional analytical ability with 5+ years of relevant experience. Experience with Fintech (Small Business Payment, Payroll, or Lending) is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with and understand technical subjects and emerging technologies and their relevance to Intuit's growing money service offerings with the ability to negotiate, prioritize across teams, influence decision makers and build consensus with teams.
- Have a track record of diving into data and drive data insights for business needs both quantitatively and qualitatively. Experience with statistical analysis tools such as Excel, SQL, Python, R, Stata, or data visualization tools. Familiar with big data technology such as HIVE, Hadoop, AWS and other related concepts.
- Working knowledge of the fundamentals of risk policy such as fraud detection, 3 rd party fraud and credit bureau data, scorecard modeling, pricing, loss forecasting, collections and fraud detection.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and be responsive and available during times of peak fraud activity.
- Strong organization and time management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
Back to top