Regional Business Development Manager
Come join one of the fastest growing business units at Intuit. We have declared that accountants are at the strategic center of the work that we are doing as a company. As the Regional Business Development Manager, you will be servicing the South and South West region. We are looking for the best of the best, highly energetic, focused, and customer driven outside managed account professionals in the industry.
Your proven track record of delighting customers, embracing fast-moving environments, building strong and productive territory-based relationships, and willingness to innovate while meeting sales objectives are the true outcomes that will make you a rock star on our team! If this sounds like the challenge that gets you excited, and you have the experience to back it up, we have a role for you. Come join our championship team, and in case you did not know it, Accountants are fun and cool people!
In your role as the Regional Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for identifying new opportunities and selling the company's products and services to a set of named Accounting Firms within a defined geographic territory. Your role will be to consult, and educate accountants (firms) on the value of Intuit's products and services and those of partners that attach to QuickBooks On-line. You'll help demonstrate how our products and services will save accountants time, help them grow their practice, and delight their clients. You will develop account specific plans to optimize sales and manage a pipeline of business that delivers or exceeds your assigned goals.
- Working with assigned firms through a defined sales process from research to proposal, close and implementation on Intuit's Cloud platform solution. You will help firms identify and implement tangible benefits for their clients and their firm.
- Present to senior executive decision makers and deliver demos and webinars in service to your territory goals
- Maintain an accurate and robust opportunity pipeline that provides visibility and confidence you will exceed your goals.
- Prepare and maintain a strategic Quarterly Territory Business Review (TBR) articulating the strategy for the assignment and the individual prospective firms you are pursuing
- Develop strong relationships at all levels within accounting firms to ensure we are seen as the industry cloud "thought-leader"
- Communicate and understand widely available data such as historical sales trends, category / market growth, analysis of accounts and general market information
- Actively use metrics to monitor performance and understand results and drivers, while developing contingency plans to address shortfalls and taking full accountability for your territory
- Innovate in the business model as appropriate, incorporating best practices from other companies and from within Intuit
- Operate as a contributing member of the larger sales team sharing best practices and adopting learnings from others
- Helping firms to grow their practices by moving to the Cloud, getting involved with social media and the web, and becoming trusted advisors to their client base
- Collaborate closely with a set of cross-functional business unit and marketing colleagues to drive results
- Manages for both the short term and long term, for positive ROI
- Proven 5-7 years of outside/territory sales(software+) experience with accountants and/or SMB's
- The ability to drive a rigorous sales process using customer insights and manage a clean opportunity pipeline
- Demonstrated collaborative skills with ability to influence and work cross-functionally
- Strong presentation skills
- Accounting industry experience a strong plus
- Solid understanding of Salesforce.com
- Bachelor's degree preferred (work-related experience also considered)
- Ability to present and close sales of Intuit products and services to accounting firms and small businesses
- Expertise in account management models
- Proven enterprise sales experience
- Must be able to travel at least 50% of time within your specified region
Meet Some of Intuit's Employees
Conrad D.Senior Data Scientist
Conrad leverages natural language processing and machine learning to help tax analysts and small business owners use Intuit products like TurboTax and QuickBooks.
Back to top