Principal Technical Program Manager
- San Diego, CA
Intuit's Platform Enablement Team is seeking a Principal Technical Program Manager to join our Identity Platform organization. Intuit's Identity Platform drives the sign up, sign in, authorization, and data compliance and protection capabilities for all of Intuit products. The platform is a durable and key strategic lever for our business.
We are looking for a passionate, results-oriented, and strategic technical program manager to define and deliver innovative platform solutions. The candidate should understand system design and platform architecture, thrive in a fast-paced environment, be comfortable with ambiguity, and drive customer outcomes across Intuit. The right candidate for this role is someone who has a strong technical, product and program background in an agile environment, is invigorated by working within a large, complex organization, and has super power abilities to communicate and influence at all levels. He/She will have a relentless focus on the customer, use data to inform decision making, and will be strategically focused to build durable platform solutions for our most important customer problems.
What you'll bring
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, related fields or equivalent work experience; Experience in platform organization a plus
- 7+ years Technical Program and/Product Management experience involving business, operational, and technology deliverables; Experience as an engineer a strong plus
- Proven ability to build and lead cross functional teams across disciplines, organizations, and locations with a track record of customer-backed, outcome-oriented delivery
- Understanding of how to drive from the early stages of conception through to completion, delivering a stream of value along the way.
- Be a beacon of organizational clarity and drive swift decision making, cutting through complexity and ambiguity, making it simple for others, and being energized by it
- Be a trusted influencer to both the business and technology, having an informed point of view that balances short and long; The most effective candidates will have operated in both engineering and product capacity previously.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects - work prioritization, planning and holding people accountable
- Top notch ability to communicate for impact and proven ability to work effectively with all organizational levels
- Experience in agile at scale is a must
How you will lead
- Integrity without compromise - Willingness to speak the truth and do the right thing, and hold others accountable to do the same
- Courage - Be bold and fearless in how you think and act; value speed with a bias towards learning and action
- Be Customer Obsessed - Fall in love with our customers' problems and deliver awesome outcomes for the customer and business
- Stronger Together - Create a diverse environment where voices are heard and be a facilitative leader bringing the best out in others
- Partner with Business and Technology leaders to refine and execute the strategy for the Identity Platform programs
- Drive multi-year program roadmaps including complex and multi-phase roadmaps across multiple contributing teams
- Develop & deliver plans that encompass all phases of planning, implementation, production readiness and support, all the way from idea to closure.
- Communicate progress across organizational boundaries and levels from individual contributor to senior executive
- Manage and track program execution using data to ensure successful, high-quality, on-time delivery of Identity services across Intuit Business Unit partners
- Work with product managers and product development leaders to understand and plan quarterly outcomes
- Facilitate the breakdown of quarterly outcomes in to epics and stories in conjunction with development managers, architects, and engineers within the scrum teams
- Understand business milestones and define corresponding technical milestones
- Partner with business unit product development leadership to identify short and long term trade-offs and balance the needs of all stakeholders
- Anticipate, recognize, and work through resistance or setbacks independently, work well with others when conflicts arise: see opportunities, ensure alignment with objectives, find common ground and promote understanding of alternative viewpoints before driving for closure and cooperation
- Quickly and effectively identify and clarify the critical few issues and drive appropriate decisions and actions. Communicate results clearly and in actionable form
- Partner with other Technical Program Managers to define, socialize and implement organization-wide processes
Back to top