Principal SW Engineer
Overview .. Responsibilities
- Gathering functional requirements, developing technical specifications, and project & test planning
- Designing/developing Desktop Applications, prototypes, or proofs of concepts (POC's).
- Demonstrate tech leadership: Mentoring junior engineers, new team members, and applying technical expertise to challenging programming and design problems
- Ability to navigate Intuit towards Ecosystems and Platform to be steward in visioning short- and long-term trade-offs across business and technology.
- Own the current and future state and drive delivery through clear and bite size Support execution teams with complex development and operational challenges through hands-on technical leadership via code design and contributions
- Applies left shift mindset and plays various roles of DEV, QE and Ops throughout the development life cycle and owns the E2E quality of the deliverable.
- Work cross-functionally with various Intuit teams: product management, QA/QE, various product lines, or business units to drive forward results
- Contribute to the design and architecture of the project. Hands-on in coding
Experience with Agile Development, SCRUM methodologies
- 15+ years' experience architecting and designing desktop solutions on Windows and SAAS offerings; Hands on (50% time spent on coding/code reviews)
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent work experience
- Strong experience with Object Oriented Languages (OOD), C++, C# and .Net.
- Rich UI Development experience
- Experience with the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Strong experience in the Software design/architecture process
- Worked on highly complex technical challenges delivering durable capability that was leveraged across the organization
- Demonstrated lead with scale -understands the holistic view, work across boundaries at which systems collide and intersect; define interfaces. Exceled at delivering outcomes within and across other organizations and removed mismatches between organizational, technological and governance boundaries
- Demonstrated Evaluation of leading industry trends, and provided recommendations on new and emerging technologies to meet business goals or simplify existing processes
- Experience with unit testing & Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Solid communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience developing, maintaining, and innovating desktop-based C++ applications.
Scope of work:
- Apply full understanding of the software engineering discipline (they are a master of their discipline) and industry best practices plus creativity to effectively design, implement, and support SW products and services.
- Work on significant assignments that are broad in scope and complexity and, cover a wide range of issues.
- Discover and evaluate the most relevant factors to be considered in the creation, design, implementation or modification of software and services.
- Exercise independent judgment in the selection of methods and techniques used to deliver software and services. Considers build, buy and partnering alternatives in the selection process.
- Create formal internal and external networks outside of own area of expertise to leverage things such as best practices and technologies.
- Coach and mentor other engineers on methods and techniques.
- Coordinate technical dependencies with other teams.
- Influence business strategy with expertise on technology drivers and trends and creates the technology vision. Ensure clarity of business and technology strategy and its enabling capabilities
- Measure and optimize efficiency, effectiveness, and agility of technology
- (Availability, performance, required tech + operational excellence)
- Identify, analyze, and remediate root causes of systemic technical issues.
- Accountable for sound technical design artifacts
- Ensure quality metrics and technical debt goals are actively managed
- Assess and revise (if necessary) tradeoffs during execution
- Accountable for adoption of Intuit standards, best practices, and design patterns
- De-risk and assist execution teams in solving complex technical problems
Back to top