Principal Software Engineer
Come join the "QuickBooks Online Advanced Product Development team (Small Business and Self Employed Group) " as a " Principal Engineer ".
QuickBooks is the flagship accounting software from Intuit that fuels millions of small business owners and accountants across multiple countries globally. QuickBooks is truly the operating system behind small business accounting and comes in multiple flavors - QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Desktop as well as the mobile edition. The Small Business Group provides multiple offerings of QuickBooks features such as Core Accounting, Payments, Payroll, Point of Sale (POS). Built on cutting edge technologies by world class engineers based on Global Engineering Principles, the SBG product development team fosters innovation, provide the best in class experience to our small business owners, accountants and through Design for Delight, Rapid Prototyping, Fail Fast and Agile processes.
QuickBooks Online Advanced is the disruptive solution in the cloud for growing mid markets. As mid markets grow in transaction size and volume, QuickBooks Online Advanced provides the customers with efficient workflows and solutions that help them save better. QuickBooks Online Advanced also provides them with unique solutions to tailor their custom requirements such as custom roles, custom fields and smart reporting. In addition, QuickBooks Online Advanced also provides them with premium care including the white glove program Priority Circle.
For more details, please refer to https://quickbooks.intuit.com/accounting/advanced/
The QuickBooks Online Advanced was launched by a small engineering team in August 2018 and the product development is fully owned end to end in Bangalore center (Intuit India Development Centre). The team cherishes its startup engineering culture and takes pride in world class engineering practices such as engineering excellence, operational excellence, customer empathy and data-based decision making.
- Take an active role in collaborating to develop strategic direction, systems roadmap, and business and operational processes by providing the required technical guidance.
- Execution - Ability to drive multiple large-scale projects in parallel by providing the required architectural guidance.
- Hands On - Be prepared to get hands on and debug complex issues or create fully working POCs which teams can take forward.
- Grow Talent - Grooms next level technical leadership and takes responsibility in growing overall technical leadership in the group.
- Speed as a Habit - can operate in a fast-moving environment, make quick decisions and execute fiercely to deliver outcomes.
- Deep Dive - Take passion in going deep into critical issues and apply the technical/process/mindset-change learnings back into the product and team.
- Technical roadmap - Develop a 3-year technology vision for the owning product or sub-systems.
- Communication skills - Explain complex technical architectures and designs to both technical and non-technical stakeholders and drive decisions.
- Customer Obsession - is maniacal and a staunch advocate for the customer.
• At least 15+ years of overall experience with over 5+ years in architecting connected-desktop and/or web applications.
• BS/MS in computer science or equivalent work experience.
• Strong Object-Oriented Programming concepts.
• Should be proficient in Server Side (Java/Linux/J2EE) technologies.
• Expertise in Amazon Web Services (AWS) and ability to operate in DevOps model.
• Expertise in web development model and exposure to UI tech stack will be an added advantage.
• Expertise in architecting or developing features for enterprise scale systems will be added advantage.
• Passion in being the technology ambassador and coaching engineering excellence to junior engineers.
• Strong understanding of the Software design/architecture/data-backed-decision-making processes.
• Experience developing, maintaining, and innovating large scale, consumer facing web applications.
• Experience with AWS, cloud deployment and DevOps mindset.
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune's â€œ100 Best Companies To Work Forâ€ and Fortune Worldâ€™s â€œMost Admired Software Companiesâ€ lists. Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market -- from QuickBooksÂ®, QuickenÂ®, and TurboTaxÂ®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Discover what itâ€™s like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. Itâ€™s time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at: http://jobs.intuit.com. Intuit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Responsibilities .. Qualifications ..
Back to top