Principal, Corporate Strategy
Intuit is a leading provider of business and financial management solutions for small and mid-sized businesses, consumers, financial institutions and accounting professionals. You probably know us by our flagship products, QuickBooks, TurboTax and Mint, but that's just the start. We're taking on exciting challenges, such as SaaS and mobile apps. Over 50 million users and seven million small businesses depend on Intuit because we innovate at the crossroads of real customer problems and breakthrough technology. Join us and let your ingenious ideas be heard.
Come join Intuit as part of the Corporate Strategy and Development team as a Principal focused on strategy. We are looking for creative problem solvers with a passion for innovation to join our team and revolutionize the way the world does business.
About Corporate Strategy and Development:
Intuit's Corporate Strategy and Development team works on highly visible, direction-setting strategy and acquisition initiatives at the corporate level and across all of Intuit's businesses. The team is focused on identifying, evaluating and executing on opportunities to drive growth and/or operational excellence. The work often mirrors the work found at top strategy consulting firms and investment banks, but with an emphasis on getting to impact in close collaboration with product and business leaders. The role job offers significant exposure to senior leaders across the company as well as greater responsibility and career progression than often found in professional services.
You will lead teams that seek to identify and realize new growth opportunities for Intuit. Your skill set as a strategist will be fully employed to define the highest-priority opportunities from an array of attractive options, motivate and organize direct and virtual teams to execute rigorous analysis, and synthesize the insights in a way that facilitates CEO and/or Board decisions.
It is essential that the individual selected for this position be able to quickly establish rapport, credibility, trust, and respect throughout the organization at all levels, and be viewed as a team player. As the CS&D team is viewed as a source of leaders within Intuit, the individual will have exceptional leadership skills and potential.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Leading projects from inception to implementation and/or handover to operators in the business
- Providing thought leadership and setting the intellectual agenda for the team; guiding the team to "crack the case"
- Developing work plans to deliver key business impact on high priority issues, mostly focused on top-line growth
- Managing a combined direct and virtual team in the execution of that plan
- Providing coaching and mentorship to help junior team members build out their skill sets
- Understanding and staying current with the competitive landscape
- Taking creative risks to develop breakthrough opportunities
- Structuring presenting key strategic analyses and findings to C-level executives
- Developing relationships with mid-level and senior leaders
To be successful in this role, the candidate must have the following:
- More than 4+ years of work experience with a top-tier strategy consulting firm, or experience in a respected operating company's strategy function
- Proven people leader with at least 1-2 years leading teams of direct reports on high-profile strategic efforts
- Direct experience owning and managing relationships with high-profile business stakeholders in the context of challenging cross-functional/cross-organizational projects
- Ability to both lead and support is important. Individual should be willing to "go the extra mile" for the internal client and his/her team
- Strong project management skills, including demonstrated ability to think end-to-end, manage long-term projects
- Have superior communications (written/verbal), presentation and facilitation skills. The ability to quickly synthesize information, structure a concise, clear presentation of findings to an executive audience, and prioritize issues as appropriate is a must
- Passion for excellence, deep customer empathy, and the desire to have a significant impact on the business.
- Possess a MBA, JD or PhD from a top-tier institution with a track record of strong academic performance
Back to top