Lead Financial Analyst-Small Business and Self-Employed
- Mountain View, CA
The Small Business and Self-Employed Group (SBSEG) Finance team is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Finance Leader of Small Business & Self Employed Group Investments FP&A (internal title would be Lead Financial Analyst). This leader will partner with the leaders of the Product Design and Analytics organization to lead forecasting, planning and analysis. In addition, this leader will partner with a broad set of teams across Finance, HR and Talent Acquisition to lead the annual/quarterly headcount forecast, planning and analysis for worldwide SBSEG and lead/own operational process improvement efforts within the Investment FP&A team.
About the Investments FP&A Team:
The Small Business & Self Employed Group ("SBSEG") is Intuit's largest business unit with $4.5B+ in revenue, serving 5M+ customers with the QuickBooks line of products including accounting, payments, payroll and financing solutions. Specifically, the Investments FP&A team is responsible for forecasting, planning and analysis of the Technology, Product Design, Analytics and Platform investments within the Small Business & Self Employed Group. In addition, we develop data driven insights and partner with key business leaders to execute our vision of being the "champion of those who dare to dream". We also assist senior leaders in developing our 1 and 3-year strategic plans that ultimately manifest themselves in our financial commitments.
We are looking for creative problem solvers with a passion for innovation to join our team and revolutionize the way the world does business.
What you'll bring
- 5 - 7 years of FP&A experience or equivalent tenure from related positions in highly dynamic finance roles (Global experience preferred)
- Strong understanding of investment management and resource planning (preferably in a Technology company)
- Advanced Excel financial modeling, analytical and problem solving skills
- Additional experience leading strategic or business performance initiatives and/or organizational change initiatives as a part of prior responsibilities
- Self-starter with a desire to quickly learn and excel; willing and able to initiate, manage, and execute projects with minimal supervision
- Trusted business partner who delivers operational excellence by understanding the needs of the business and identifying opportunities to improve financial results
- Strong understanding of translating business results into an insightful & consumable story for leadership teams (e.g. dashboards, presentations, etc.)
- Solutions oriented, with a track record of identifying and implementing creative solutions.
- Ability to work independently, deal with ambiguity, operate in a cross-functional matrixed organization, and meet deadlines in a high-growth environment focused on driving business results
- Grace under pressure with a good sense of humor and dose of humility
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Management or equivalent experience; MBA preferred
How you will lead
- Lead forecasting, resource planning, and financial management for key Product Design and Analytics teams
- Lead worldwide headcount forecasting across SBSEG in partnership with cross-functional teams including business leaders, finance, HR and Talent Acquisition
- Lead teams to design, continuously improve, and implement new financial & operational processes to ensure we meet our financial commitments
- Drive various analyses that deliver data driven insights in a structured manner to promote business outcomes that accelerate our growth trajectory
- Collaborate cross-functionally on strategic initiatives with senior business leaders and finance teams to deliver on critical business outcomes
- Be a thought partner to senior business leaders with a focus on driving change and providing financial leadership as we execute our Product and Analytics investment strategies
- Lead ongoing change in an evolving organization by articulating a clear case for change and then gaining shared vision with employees through effective, frequent and timely communication
Back to top