Group Manager Data Science and Analytics, Accountant Segment
Come join Intuit as a Group Manager in the Small Business Group (QuickBooks) Data Analytics & Science team. We are looking for creative problem solvers with a passion to deliver data-driven insights. This position leads a team of talented analysts and scientists to work alongside with business stakeholders to deliver customer insights and recommendations.
- Leads and nurtures a team of talented analysts and scientists with a focus on customer acquisition, retention and end-to-end customer experiences.
- Partners with business leaders (e.g. marketing, product and customer success) to define business strategies, areas of investment, and critical priorities.
- Translates business and analytics strategies into multiple short-term and long-term projects, and manages end-to-end execution.
- Activates analytics insights that lead to decisions or better hypotheses, and evangelizes innovative analytics ideas that enable new opportunities.
- Drives analytics rigor by inspecting and experimenting methodologies, improving techniques, and creating a learning culture.
- Drives data roadmap from data quality to data visualization, and marshals resources from multiple functions to deliver scalable solutions.
- Roles-model "win-together" while challenging status quo and driving changes across teams regardless of organizational structure.
- Examples of deliverables:
- Data insights to inform the future: development of KPIs, business performance diagnostics, customer behavioral analyses, self-service analytics, and etc. to drive actionable customer insights.
- Data products to transform customer experiences: personalized features, data predictions, propensity modeling, and etc. to make customer experiences more intelligent with data.
- Data capabilities to improve productivity: data roadmap with data engineering partners, continuous process improvement, tool and platform adoption, and etc. to raise data standards.
- 10+ years of diverse analytics experience on end-to-end customer-level data
- Proven experience in leading a team of analysts and/or scientists
- Strong passion in uncovering strategic opportunities and solving business problems
- Proficient with SQL
- Experience in statistical modeling techniques
- Experience in data gap assessments, requirements and infrastructure implementation
- Outstanding communications skills with both technical and non-technical colleagues
- Undergraduate degree a must. Masters in a quantitative discipline preferred
Back to top