Technical Support Specialist
- Miami, FL
When it comes to money remittance services, Intermex is a leader you can trust. We use a proprietary financial technology that enables consumers to send money from the US to 17 countries in Latin America and the Caribbean; and four countries in Africa. We offer wire transfer and other money processing services through our network of 100,000 agents, and with the best customer service in the industry.
But we are much more than that. We are a fast-moving, data driven company with a strong entrepreneurial spirit. And we are growing!
We're on a mission to attract, engage, and retain those who are great team players and leaders who make it their first priority to deliver service excellence. At Intermex, the customer is at the center of everything we do, and our employees are the driving force behind our success. If you're a performance driven, customer focused professional who values teamwork and excellence, then please take a closer look below and apply...we are eager to speak with you!
The Technical Support specialist is the first point of contact for the users who contact our IT Service Desk by telephone, email, chat or other means. While providing the highest level of customer service, the Technical Support Representative responds to incoming calls, tracks all information in an incident management system and uses knowledge based tools along with their expertise to resolve requests, complex inquiries, and issues in a timely fashion. Local Candidates only apply please.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as a single point of contact to our external customer and corporate employees for technology related issues.
- Primary responsibility is to provide issue resolution to our external customers who use proprietary software produced in-house.
- Develops technical knowledge of each system within company profile and specialized knowledge of certain nominated areas.
- Serving as an escalation point to junior agents, mentors on methods to improve listening skills, troubleshooting techniques, understanding and anticipating the needs of clients and providing appropriate recommendations for issue resolution.
- Consistently conveys information in a positive, professional, effective and clear manner in individual and group settings and situations.
- Translates highly complex technical information to non-technical individuals.
- Maintains ownership of customer issues from cradle to grave and serves as an advocate for the customer.
- Creates documentation relevant to support cases.
- Accurately process and record support calls using the designated incident management system.
- Identify and escalate priority issues to senior agents and resolution groups to provide solutions in a timely manner.
- Desktop support for internal customers.
- Minimum three (3) years' experience in a call center environment. Experience providing support to external customers preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years' experience providing basic support and the understanding of information technology systems, PC and or Microsoft applications, telecommunications, and various software applications.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English required
- A solid understanding of the use of Remote Support tools to assist customers.
- Familiar with SLA driven Service Desk software and ITIL fundamentals
- Minimum High school diploma required; Degree in a related discipline preferred, or 3 years prior relevant experience.
- Certifications: A+ NET+ is a plus
Intermex is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or any other characteristic.
Back to top