Support Representative (Weekend)
What's the opportunity?
We're specifically looking for Support Representatives in SF to work an offset week, working both weekend days and taking off two days during the week.
The Customer Support team is primarily responsible for on-boarding, educating, and supporting our customers on a global level. We start work the moment a customer decides they want to use Intercom, sticking with them every step of the way to ensure they get the most value from our product. Support Representatives are responsible for working directly with customers to help them get started and grow in using Intercom, answer product questions, track user feedback, report and escalate issues to engineers, and act as the bridge between our customers and our product design and development teams.
You will be talking with lots of our customers on a daily basis. The team is responsible for ensuring that all customers have a great experience with the product. A crucial part of the role is ensuring we make the product as easy to use, reliable, bug-free, and fast as possible. You will be working directly with product teams to identify current issues and, synthesizing the diverse feedback you hear from our customers, offer informed opinions on potential solutions. Hustle, defined as the fight to make positive, regular progress and encourage that fight in others, is key to the success of this team and Intercom as a whole.
We like big thinkers with small egos who believe in our goal to build a uniquely impactful, long-lasting tech company.
What will I be doing?
- Communicate efficiently and effectively with our customers. We rely on Intercom to do most of our support but you'll also be talking to customers on the phone every now and then
- Own customer communications and issues from initial contact until resolution. We pride ourselves on getting out in front of customer issues and proactively making sure our customers are getting the most they can from Intercom
- Become an encyclopedia of knowledge about how Intercom works and what it is capable of. Our product team moves extremely fast so this is an ongoing challenge
- Influence the direction of Intercom, as well as the product
What skills do I need?
- A genuine enjoyment of technology: You're technically curious, you enjoy learning about new products & how things work
- An understanding of internet culture
- Previous experience in a troubleshooting environment and be a great problem solver (You're also really good at Googling!)
- The ability to rapidly switch gears while retaining focus on the bigger picture
- Passion for talking to customers all day, every day
- Excellent communication skills. You need to be a very competent writer with the ability to explain complex topics in easy to understand and concise language [English]
- Unlike other companies, everyone in Intercom talks directly with customers. Candidates must be ambitious (every day counts!), eager to learn and improve themselves, kind, without ego, and with a sense of humor
Bonus skills & attributes
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch and dinner served every weekday, plus a variety of breakfast foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
Back to top