Senior Product Designer
The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it.
Intercom is the first to bring messaging products for sales, marketing & customer service to one platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations that build real connections. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom lets you talk to consumers almost anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email. In February 2017, Intercom announced it had surpassed $50M in annual recurring revenue, an increase from $1M in ARR just three years prior, making it one of the fastest-growing companies in tech. Today more than 17,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide. Intercom has raised $116M in venture funding and has 350 employees across San Francisco, Dublin, Chicago, and London.
What's the Opportunity?
We’re looking for a talented Product Designer to help turn our mission from vision to reality, working from the beginning to the end of product building, from new disruptive ideas to detailed iterations on microinteractions. We believe in a high Designer to Engineer ratio and need to grow our Product Design team to work with our growing Engineering team. Intercom is a design led company and an empowering place for designers to work. Come join us and help shape our newest and fastest growing product.
Senior Product Designers at Intercom:
- Act as leaders within the Product Design team, collaborate with other designers to make their work and the whole team better.
- Work through design problems from beginning to end: translating research insights into ideas that for disruptive new products and features, then designing the workflows and detailed interactions to realise them.
- Sketch and prototype ideas to quickly access viability, and design the fine grained details of interactions.
- Iterate based on feedback from the whole team.
- Work closely with engineers as they build and ship ideas.
- Own the success or failure of their design work and initiate design and engineering sprints to improve shipped work.
- Write about, present, and share what they have learned, both internally and with the wider community via our blog, books, and events.
What Skills do I Need?
- Experience designing digital products and systems, not just websites. You have helped ship products.
- Experience designing experiences that people can access on any type of device: desktop, tablet, phone.
- An appreciation of the entire product development process, from problem solving through to detailed UI and visual design.
- The ability to create beautiful high-fidelity mockups of your designs using Sketch, Figma, etc.
- The ability to create prototypes using Framer, Keynote, HTML/CSS/JS, etc.
- Excellent communicator of design work and your rationale behind proposals.
- Excellent self starter who can deeply collaborate with engineers.
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you talk to us! :)
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.
Meet Some of Intercom's Employees
Director of Brand Design
Stewart manages designers and front-end developers who keep the face of Intercom in tip-top shape. He collaborates on and helps direct the overall visual identity of the brand.
Back to top