Senior Product Designer
The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it.
Intercom is the first to bring messaging products for sales, marketing & customer service to one platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations that build real connections. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom lets you talk to consumers almost anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email. Today more than 15,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide. Intercom has 300 employees between its San Francisco headquarters, Chicago support office and Dublin R&D office, and has raised $116M in venture funding.
What's The Opportunity?
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our Growth team. Intercom's Growth Team is different. There’s no ‘growth hacking’ here: we’ve learned that sustainable growth comes from great product experiences backed by robust software systems. It’s working – Intercom has become one of the fastest growing SaaS companies in history. At Intercom, the Growth Team is an autonomous function, and we collectively report directly to the CEO. We have a large mandate and a scope that enables the team to prototype new ideas in order to create new business opportunities. Intercom is a design led company and an empowering place for designers to work. And our customers love Intercom as well: https://twitter.com/intercom/favorites.
What Will I Be Doing?
- Work through design problems from beginning to end: translating research insight into ideas, and shipped products that will make Intercom better.
- Collaborate closely with engineers to assess feasibility of ideas, implement your designs to spec and ship great products efficiently.
- Sketch and prototype ideas to test viability and quickly experiment with interactions and define transitions.
- Solve and communicate problems at low fidelity, then propose a highly-polished solution with little delay.
- Communicate your ideas clearly to all stakeholders and manage and integrate feedback.
- Design the fine grained details of interactions.
- Own the success or failure of your design work and initiate design and engineering sprints to improve shipped work.
What Skills Will I Need?
- A strong interest in business, markets, and product, and an enthusiasm in using that interest to generate ideas for growth opportunities.
- Experience designing digital products and systems, not just websites. You have shipped products.
- Experience designing experiences that people can access on any type of device, desktop, tablet, phone.
- The ability to produce high-fidelity mockups of your designs (in whatever tool you’re most comfortable with: Sketch, Photoshop, etc.)
- Excellent self starter who can deeply collaborate with engineers.
- Excellent communicator of design work and the rationale behind your designs.
- A minimum of 4 year’s experience working in a technology company.
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch and dinner served every weekday, plus a variety of breakfast foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
Meet Some of Intercom's Employees
Lead Finance Analyst
Kim keeps Intercom financially healthy by monitoring the metrics that inform long-term plans and budgeting decisions. Then she helps assess the financial impact of all strategic initiatives.
Back to top