Senior Product Designer
What's The Opportunity?
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our Growth team. Intercom's Growth Team is different. There’s no ‘growth hacking’ here: we’ve learned that sustainable growth comes from great product experiences backed by robust software systems. It’s working – Intercom has become one of the fastest growing SaaS companies in history. At Intercom, the Growth Team is an autonomous function, and we collectively report directly to the CEO. We have a large mandate and a scope that enables the team to prototype new ideas in order to create new business opportunities. Intercom is a design led company and an empowering place for designers to work.
Intercom helps thousands of web and mobile businesses connect with millions of users every day. Founded in 2011, Intercom has raised over $116 million in venture capital and is backed by leading investors, including Index Ventures, Iconiq Capital, Social Capital and Bessemer Venture Partners. With live user intelligence, product, marketing, and customer success teams can send relevant messages that start conversations and create personalized experiences, based on who users are and what they do in your product. Our customers love Intercom: https://twitter.com/intercom/favorites.
What Will I Be Doing?
- Work through design problems from beginning to end: translating research insight into ideas, and shipped products that will make Intercom better.
- Collaborate closely with engineers to assess feasibility of ideas, implement your designs to spec and ship great products efficiently.
- Sketch and prototype ideas to test viability and quickly experiment with interactions and define transitions.
- Solve and communicate problems at low fidelity, then propose a highly-polished solution with little delay.
- Communicate your ideas clearly to all stakeholders and manage and integrate feedback.
- Design the fine grained details of interactions.
- Own the success or failure of your design work and initiate design and engineering sprints to improve shipped work.
What Skills Will I Need?
- A strong interest in business, markets, and product, and an enthusiasm in using that interest to generate ideas for growth opportunities.
- Experience designing digital products and systems, not just websites. You have shipped products.
- Experience designing experiences that people can access on any type of device, desktop, tablet, phone.
- The ability to produce high-fidelity mockups of your designs (in whatever tool you’re most comfortable with: Sketch, Photoshop, etc.)
- Excellent self starter who can deeply collaborate with engineers.
- Excellent communicator of design work and the rationale behind your designs.
- A minimum of 4 year’s experience working in a technology company.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch and dinner served every weekday, plus a variety of breakfast foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid parental leave program
- 401k plan
- Commuter benefits
- In-office bicycle storage
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for employees, friends, and family!
Back to top