Senior Brand Designer
The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it.
Intercom is the first to bring messaging products for sales, marketing & customer service to one platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations that build real connections. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom lets you talk to consumers almost anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email. In February 2017, Intercom announced it had surpassed $50M in annual recurring revenue, an increase from $1M in ARR just three years prior, making it one of the fastest-growing companies in tech. Today more than 17,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide. Intercom has 300 employees between its San Francisco headquarters, Chicago support office, and Dublin R&D office, and has raised $116M in venture funding.
What's the opportunity?
Our mission is to help Internet businesses and their customers interact in a way that mirrors real-world customer experience: personal, human, and fun. We were founded by designers with a deep understanding of how to build products, and have shared our experiences via our blog and books. We are now one of the world's fastest-growing SaaS companies.
We’re looking for an experienced designer to join the Intercom Brand Studio. Someone who can play a key role in continuing to push our brand into new territory. You'll work on projects spanning digital, print, physical goods, event design and a bunch of other stuff we haven’t thought up yet. You’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with some of the best designers, developers, marketers, content strategists, and researchers in the industry.
The team is already doing a lot of great things, but we still have our best work in front of us. We’re a tight knit group with a diverse set of experiences and backgrounds and we love nothing more that getting a little weird with our small but growing in-house print shop. This will be an opportunity to really push yourself creatively and to take a few risks.
What will I be doing?
- Think big picture but solve for the smallest details
- Design beautiful things that function well.
- Communicate clearly and defend your decisions
- Push projects further than expected
- Collaborate efficiently within a team setting
- Demonstrate confidence with humility
- Play an active role in mentoring and developing peers
- Get a little weird. And then get weirder
What skills do I need?
- A portfolio showcasing a breadth of creative work
- 5+ years experience working at an agency or in-house
- Experience working on responsive web design and collaborating with front end engineers
Bonus skills & attributes
- Photography or video
- Motion design
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered breakfast, lunch, and dinner every weekday, plus a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid parental leave program
- 401k plan
- Commuter benefits
- In-office bicycle storage
- Keep active with our wellness program that allows you to expense your gym membership and other sports activities up to $90 quarterly
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
Meet Some of Intercom's Employees
Director of Brand Design
Stewart manages designers and front-end developers who keep the face of Intercom in tip-top shape. He collaborates on and helps direct the overall visual identity of the brand.
Back to top