Sales & Support Operations Analyst
The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it.
Intercom is the first to bring messaging products for sales, marketing & customer service to one platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations that build real connections. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom lets you talk to consumers almost anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email. Today more than 15,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide. Intercom has 300 employees between its San Francisco headquarters, Chicago support office and Dublin R&D office, and has raised $116M in venture funding.
What's the opportunity?
You’ll have an exciting opportunity to influence the trajectory of Intercom's overall business, partner with our senior sales, self serve, and support leaders, and take on an operating role with an exciting and fast growing company that aims to fundamentally change the way companies interact with their customers.
As the Sales & Support Operations Sr./Analyst you will drive the creation and execution of quarterly and annual revenue plans, help define & improve sales, self serve, and support processes, analyze and share insights on key revenue and marketing trends, design and measure metrics to enhance overall productivity, and ultimately help scale our business in an effective way.
We’re looking for a proactive, independent thinker with deep analytical skills, coupled with the ability to work in a structured manner to thrive in ambiguity. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves, dig into massive sets of information, and create solutions to problems that have never been tackled before.
This position offers a candidate with prior sales operations, consulting, or investment banking experience an exciting opportunity to influence the trajectory of Intercom's overall business, interact with Intercom's senior sales and support leadership, and take on an operating role with an exciting and fast growing company that aims to fundamentally change the way companies interact with their customers.
What will I be doing?
- Partner closely with senior leadership to develop actionable, measurable projects that accelerate sales growth and improve sales processes and operations and the end-to-end customer experience on a global scale
- Advise on new business growth strategy, churn strategy, existing customer base expansion, sales incentive design and segmentation; approach problems analytically to come to data driven resolutions.
- Gather requirements and project manage changes to our sales and support technology that result in improvements in sales and support rep productivity
- Support weekly and monthly reporting and forecasting for the sales organization, identifying significant changes and trends that will materially impact the company’s growth trajectory
- Establish strong working relationships with sales leadership, customer support, marketing and finance to improve overall operations and how the company goes to market
What skills do I need?
- Strong analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities
- Quick learner with the ability to solve problems independently or with little guidance
- Willing to work in a highly demanding and results-oriented team environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Comfort, and preferably experience, with working with many sales related tools including SFDC
- 2+ years experience in Sales Operations and/or an analytics role (management consulting or investment banking)
- Bachelor’s degree
Bonus skills & attributes
- Exceptionally strong communication skills, including experience effectively communicating with senior management
- Background working in high-growth, performance-focused environments
- Experience with Salesforce.com and SQL is a plus
- Strong experience with Excel
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch and dinner served every weekday, plus a variety of breakfast foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid parental leave program
- 401k plan
- Commuter benefits
- In-office bicycle storage
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
Meet Some of Intercom's Employees
Director of Brand Design
Stewart manages designers and front-end developers who keep the face of Intercom in tip-top shape. He collaborates on and helps direct the overall visual identity of the brand.
Back to top