The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it.
Intercom is the first to bring messaging products for sales, marketing & customer service to one platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations that build real connections. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom lets you talk to consumers almost anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email. Today more than 15,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide. Intercom has 300 employees between its San Francisco headquarters, Chicago support office, and Dublin R&D office, and has raised $116M in venture funding.
What's the opportunity?
This is an incredible opportunity to be a part of Intercom’s founding team of Relationship Managers, collaborating with Sales and Customer Success to bring value, support and trust to our amazing customers. You will be dedicated to ensuring our current customer relationships remain strong, while constantly seeking out new opportunities for growth and guaranteeing client satisfaction and retention. We’re building a world-class sales organization, and the road ahead is going to be very exciting. Part of what you’re excited about is being an integral part of that growth and change in the time to come.
What will I be doing?
- Build relationships and manage renewal cycle with customers ensuring high customer retention and revenue growth
- Work with our current customers to understand their needs, providing expert knowledge of our platform while mitigating risk and uncovering roadblocks - all while ensuring high satisfaction
- Spearhead the growth of the Relationship Manager team and develop best practices that will be the foundation of this team
- Collaborate with Marketing, Product, Growth, and Customer Success by providing customer feedback to create the best customer experience
- Engage in team development and mentoring
- Track and report all key metrics related to customer retention and Intercom product usage growth
- Negotiate, maintain, and deliver new business goals and plans for existing customers
- Partner to accurately forecast sales activity in both hunter and farmer roles
What skills do I need?
- Minimum of 1+ year in a full-cycle sales role with revenue responsibility
- Have a proven track record of achieving and exceeding quota
- Exceptional communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage time efficiently
- Be comfortable and energized operating in a fast moving organization
- Exhibit entrepreneurial and self-motivational qualities
- Express passion about product and working in a customer-facing role
- Be intellectually curious and ambitious
- Comfortable navigating tools such as Salesforce, Excel, and other CRMs
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch and dinner served every weekday, plus a variety of breakfast foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
Meet Some of Intercom's Employees
Lead Finance Analyst
Kim keeps Intercom financially healthy by monitoring the metrics that inform long-term plans and budgeting decisions. Then she helps assess the financial impact of all strategic initiatives.
Back to top