The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it.
Intercom is the first to bring messaging products for sales, marketing & customer service to one platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations that build real connections. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom lets you talk to consumers almost anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email. In February 2017, Intercom announced it had surpassed $50M in annual recurring revenue, an increase from $1M in ARR just three years prior, making it one of the fastest-growing companies in tech. Today more than 17,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide. Intercom has 300 employees between its San Francisco headquarters, Chicago support office, and Dublin R&D office, and has raised $116M in venture funding.
What's the opportunity?
We’re looking for a program manager to drive the delivery of Intercom’s strategic goals at a cross-functional level.
The program manager role at Intercom is highly visible and spans the whole company - you’ll partner with product managers and engineering managers and work collaboratively with every discipline: designers, engineers, product managers and cross functional teams to make Intercom R&D operationally excellent.
You love bringing structure and order to complex programs, working with people to bridge the gaps across teams and offices and your communication skills are second to none. You get a kick out of seeing your programs run like a well oiled machine.
You’ll have lots of opportunity to grow and influence how program management actually works with product in a unique environment designed to deliver world class product in our newly-formed Product Operations team, led by our Product Operations Lead, Aislinn Treacy.
What will I be doing?
- Partner with product managers/group product managers to deliver high visibility, strategic, cross-functional programs of work
- Identify and track key milestones to get programs delivered
- Clearly and accurately communicate updates, issues, risks to leadership and other program stakeholders
- Proactively identify program risks, manage and escalate where appropriate
- Streamline product delivery by removing any friction points
- Facilitate decision-making by identifying key stakeholders and surfacing the required information to make critical decisions
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams ensuring timely input and communication
- Consult with teams to enable consistent planning and scheduling
- Implement our R&D build and shipping process while constantly looking for opportunities to streamline it
- Be a voice of authority when it comes to how we work, and be able to communicate it clearly across all disciplines
What skills do I need?
- 3+ years of Program Management experience in product/design/agency/web (preferably in tech)
- A strong understanding of product and design and ideally have worked with design or product teams
- You’re an excellent self-starter who can deeply collaborate with designers and engineers and other disciplines
- You have strong facilitation and stakeholder management skills
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- You understand the challenges of working cross-geos and are willing to tackle them
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to energise and get people working and planning towards key milestones
- Experience driving programs in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner every weekday! There are also snacks and drinks on tap to keep you topped up
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance
- Keep active with our wellness programme that allows you to expense gym and other sports activities up to €90 quarterly
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.
Meet Some of Intercom's Employees
Director of Brand Design
Stewart manages designers and front-end developers who keep the face of Intercom in tip-top shape. He collaborates on and helps direct the overall visual identity of the brand.
Back to top