The way businesses talk to people online today is broken. Intercom is fixing it.
Intercom is the first to bring sales, marketing & customer service products to one messaging platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations with the people that matter. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom is the only business messenger to let you talk to consumers just about anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email.
Intercom invented in-app messaging in 2011, and today more than 13,000 businesses use Intercom to reach a billion people around the world. Intercom has 300 employees split between its San Francisco headquarters and its Dublin R&D office, and has raised $116M in venture funding.
What's the opportunity?
Intercom is on a mission to make Internet business more personal. The role we’re looking to fill is a career defining opportunity for someone passionate about this mission as well as product management who wants to lead a world-class team of engineers, designers, and researchers in Dublin. The product you’ll help to build and shape touches millions of users in the business messaging space every single day.
The successful candidate for this game-changing role will have a clear sense of what’s important in the messaging context, helping to drive customer engagement and enhance productivity all while making the experience feel more fun, connected and personal.
What will I be doing?
- Understand our business strategy and deliver product that reflects a uniquely Intercom persepctive on how to achieve it
- Know the difference between work that should be done now and work that can wait based on a complex and evolving matrix of challenges and opportunities
- Motivate a group of committed, smart people to do the best work of their careers
- Do the best work of your career
- Lead a cross-functional team of product developers, researchers, data analysts, and designers
- Become an expert in your area of the product, understanding the competitive landscape, the evolving market needs, and how those things relate to the company mission and vision.
- Own the success or failure of your team's work
- Deliver world-class software in every release
What skills do I need?
- Have a strong design background, think deeply about product design decisions and have an understanding of how to create simple user interfaces.
- Be an excellent self starter who can collaborate effectively with designers and engineers
- Be an excellent communicator of product decisions and know the rationale behind them
- Have excellent organisational skills and experience in a fast paced, constantly changing environment.
- Be able to easily switch between thinking creatively and analytically.
- Have an understanding of the technical architecture of complex web and mobile applications.
- Have a strong understanding of social design including behaviour patterns from psychology and social psychology.
- Have experience building products that people can access on multiple devices, desktop, tablet, phone.
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner every weekday! There are also snacks and drinks on tap to keep you topped up
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need to
- Paid parental leave to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance
- Keep active with our roaming FlyeFit gyms in Dublin membership!
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too!
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
Back to top