The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it. 🛠️
The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it. Intercom is the first to bring messaging products for sales, marketing & customer service to one platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations that build real connections. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom lets you talk to consumers almost anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email. Today more than 15,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide. Intercom has 300 employees between its San Francisco headquarters, Chicago support office, and Dublin R&D office, and has raised $116M in venture funding.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
At Intercom, the Product Analytics team partners with product teams to help Intercom make sense of our users, our products and our business using metrics and data. We're highly quantitative individuals who love to turn data into insights and we take pride in communicating our findings fearlessly. We are super passionate about data analysis and data-informed decision making, and we're looking for similarly minded individuals who are innately curious and driven to understand our users, our products and our business through data.
We currently have a growing team of talented Data Analysts and Data Scientists here in Dublin who generate insights to help Intercom design, develop and measure the success of our products. By asking the right questions we explore patterns, behaviours and trends in our product data to answer those questions. We surface our insights in an actionable way so that teams across Intercom can make more informed decisions. And we partner closely with teams across Intercom to foster a culture of measurement, metrics and experimentation.
We're excited to increase the depth of talent on that team by bringing on highly quantitative and curious people who are excited by massive amounts of data, driven to transform this data into actionable insights and passionate about informing the design and development of beautiful, innovative products. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
What will I be doing? 🚀
- You’ll partner with product teams to help them identify important questions and answer those questions with data
- You’ll gain an in-depth understanding of the product and the flow of data through the product
- You’ll develop a culture of measurement and metrics across the company
- You’ll work closely with product managers, designers and engineers to develop key success metrics for the product
- You’ll understand our product roadmap and translate it into impactful analytics projects
- You’ll influence our product roadmap through exploratory analysis and quantitative research
- You’ll develop hypotheses and conduct a range of analyses to explore activation, engagement and retention as well as in-depth patterns of product usage
- You’ll build and automate actionable models and dashboards
- You’ll be a source of truth against our product assumptions
- You’ll share your findings and concrete recommendations across the company
What skills do I need? 📖
- You have strong SQL skills (1+ years hands on experience is a must)
- You have a basic grasp of statistics
- You have a proven track record of initiating and delivering actionable analysis with minimal supervision
- You have 1-2 years experience in data analyst role, preferably working closely with product teams
- BA/BS or MS degree preferably in quantitative discipline (e.g., Applied Math, Econ, Statistics, Eng, CS)
- You have experience with a scientific computing language (such as R or Python)
- You have experience with BI/Visualization tools like Looker and Tableau
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- You’re innately curious and you are constantly asking questions
- You thrive on working in fast pace work environment, you are a self-starter
- You’re an excellent communicator and can convey opinions and insights to diverse audiences
- You’re excited and passionate about product development & innovation
- You love learning. You are always on the lookout for ways to improve your current skillset and learn new skills
- You value feedback, you strive to continually improve your work and you look for opportunities to make things better for you and your team.
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner every weekday! There are also snacks and drinks on tap to keep you topped up
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need to
- Paid parental leave to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance
- Keep active with our roaming FlyeFit gyms in Dublin membership!
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too!
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
Meet Some of Intercom's Employees
Director of Brand Design
Stewart manages designers and front-end developers who keep the face of Intercom in tip-top shape. He collaborates on and helps direct the overall visual identity of the brand.
Back to top